Favorite COFH win/moment?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I stil have the newspaper from the Leap! Qua doing everything it took to win. Its still kind of recent and I know some of the other wins are just as good but
Saw wins at Sanford in '98, '08, and '14 but I'm still kicking myself for having missed that one.

Flajacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Saw wins at Sanford in '98, '08, and '14 but I'm still kicking myself for having missed that one.
I was supposed to go to the 08 game. Lived in Watkinsville at the time, neighborhood full of dawgs.

Niece decided that weekend was when she wanted her Christmas themed wedding.

Listened to some of the game in the parking lot on the car radio.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
04/05/06/07 was a ridiculous run of BS plus bad luck plus self inflicted wounds, it’s unbelievable that we lost all four of those.

So 08 was sweet, sweet payback.

But 16 was probably my favorite. Felt like finally winning one when not just a better team overall.
I forget what the exact number was, but Ugag had something like about thirty 4- and 5-star recruits on their roster to Tech's 2 or 3.
The sorry reason I missed it was that I was thinking we were going to lose. At least you had an obligatory wedding to attend.

bob4gt

Jolly Good Fellow
In 1969 I had a Mutt at work that was always mouthing off. He wanted to bet on the game and asked how many points I wanted - I said none. He looked at me like I was stupid. At the last minute a friend invited me to the game. As we were walking out of the stadium I ran into the Mutt from work; he looked like he was going to cry. I just said hello and smiled. Needless to say, work was much pleasanter the rest of the year.
Bob THWg

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Gary Lee in the fog bc it was a night game and one of our rare wins in BDS. Plus I was there and not watching on TV.
Gary had been taking the kickoffs at the goal line and cutting to the middle of the field. On that one he started like he was taking it to the middle but then made a cut and took it down the right sideline as the fog rolled in.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
But 16 was probably my favorite. Felt like finally winning one when not just a better team overall.
14, for football and personal reasons, will probably never be matched by any game, unless Tech plays in and wins the national championship in football or basketball.

However, that’s a great point you make about 16. There’s definitely a different feeling when we feel like we “got away with one” rather than us knowing we were the better team and winning.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
My favorite has to be the third quarter in 2008. It felt like a dream. You joke about those kind of things happening at halftime down multiple scores, but you never expect it to actually happen. “All we gotta do is score, get a stop, score, get a fumble and score and we’ll have the lead” “yeah right”. But it happened.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
2014. Most nerve wracking game ever

2006 and 2007 we were absolutely robbed
There is still a knuckle print in my door from the 14 game. While it was made in anger (after the last TD in regulation where we lost the lead), it is now remembered in glory!

That was hands down the most roller coaster of emotions game I have ever experienced!

Bamajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Any win over the Dawgs is sweet! My earliest memory is the ‘69 game listening to Al Ciraldo call on the radio.Bubba Hoates had multiple drive ending interceptions. There was a panoramic photo in the athletic training room in the 70’s of the ecstatic Tech sideline as the game ended. Time for another classic photo!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
The 6-0 game in '69 was a classic. Bud Carson was the HC, not a good one, but a defensive guru, the one who went on from Tech to craft the "Steel Curtain" defense that helped win 4 Super Bowls with the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 1970's.
I remember before that season started Carson guaranteed Tech would beat uga. Not quite as dramatic as Joe Namath predicting the Jets would win the Super Bowl but pretty unbelievable at the time given Tech had not beaten uga in several years.

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
Any win over the Dawgs is sweet! My earliest memory is the ‘69 game listening to Al Ciraldo call on the radio.Bubba Hoates had multiple drive ending interceptions. There was a panoramic photo in the athletic training room in the 70’s of the ecstatic Tech sideline as the game ended. Time for another classic photo!
1969 GT - 6 UGA - 0.jpg

This the one you're referencing?

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
2016 since it's the only win I was in person for (2014 was the only cofh I've missed since starting at tech in 09).
Favorite memory is 2010 when we let them score the go ahead score in an effort to have time to drive the field. You could hear a pin drop in that stadium until a young Tevin was intercepted.