Favorite 2021 GT FB Memories

ramblingman

Georgia Tech Fan
You can blame my post on Homer Rice :) He taught me there are three types of people - optimists, pessimists, and realists. Optimists believe things will just turn out good regardless of the circumstances, pessimists believe things are likely to turn out bad, while realists understand there is usually good and bad in any challenging situation and understand it takes hard work, perseverance and a positive attitude to be successful. A lot like a Georgia Tech graduate!

Go Jackets!

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Man some of y’all are just miserable people. I hope you don’t have any kids.

My wife and I spend every night with our kids finding something good in every day. Even when we had to take my son to get 4 stitches after 9 pm because his sister pushed him onto a bed frame.

You can find good (something to be grateful for) in any situation. It might take some hindsight in really bad situations, but it’s there.

I’m naturally a realist (leaning toward pessimist) so this exercise started out hard for me. Turns out life is much better when you focus on things your thankful for instead of constantly focuses on anything that can be viewed as bad.

This doesn’t mean you don’t call out mistakes, make changes, or avoid discipline. It just means there’s a time for reflecting and finding some good. Even when most of it was bad.

If you can’t think of a single thing from this past year that was good, you’re lying and an all together miserable person.

Odds are, those of you making the snide comments can, but you think it’s cool to Bach on the current regime any chance you get.

If that’s the path you want to continue down, more power to you. Seems petty to me though.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
You can blame my post on Homer Rice :) He taught me there are three types of people - optimists, pessimists, and realists. Optimists believe things will just turn out good regardless of the circumstances, pessimists believe things are likely to turn out bad, while realists understand there is usually good and bad in any challenging situation and understand it takes hard work, perseverance and a positive attitude to be successful. A lot like a Georgia Tech graduate!

Go Jackets!
I agree with this 100%. My approach is to think like a realist and act like an optimist.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Odds are, those of you making the snide comments can, but you think it’s cool to Bach on the current regime any chance you get.
"Bach"?

1640702214525.png

ramblingman

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't use colored glasses so that I can see clearly :) I'm fine with people pointing out problems and areas for improvement, which is important if you want to get better, it's just that positive aspects are often ignored. I think it's important to see all sides, while focusing on the positive.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I don't use colored glasses so that I can see clearly :) I'm fine with people pointing out problems and areas for improvement, which is important if you want to get better, it's just that positive aspects are often ignored. I think it's important to see all sides, while focusing on the positive.
I like your approach - I think you've got it right.

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
Man some of y’all are just miserable people. I hope you don’t have any kids.

My wife and I spend every night with our kids finding something good in every day. Even when we had to take my son to get 4 stitches after 9 pm because his sister pushed him onto a bed frame.

You can find good (something to be grateful for) in any situation. It might take some hindsight in really bad situations, but it’s there.

I’m naturally a realist (leaning toward pessimist) so this exercise started out hard for me. Turns out life is much better when you focus on things your thankful for instead of constantly focuses on anything that can be viewed as bad.

This doesn’t mean you don’t call out mistakes, make changes, or avoid discipline. It just means there’s a time for reflecting and finding some good. Even when most of it was bad.

If you can’t think of a single thing from this past year that was good, you’re lying and an all together miserable person.

If that’s the path you want to continue down, more power to you. Seems petty to me though.
There’s a lot I’m thankful for.

But none of those things are associated with Tech football.

Although hopefully Michigan football will be one of those things by the end of this week.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
There lots of truth to this here. It's like anything else in life, too much/too little of one thing is often not good balance is always the challenging part.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Took 3 of my 5 kids to the ND game in South Bend. They got to see the Golden Dome and Touchdown Jesus. The game wasn't much fun to watch, but the fans around us were very considerate.

Missed being in BDS@HGF this year.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
More off field, but in the spirit of keeping things positive, 2021 will stand out for me because what we have done in recruiting. That is:

Recruited 4 stars (designation by one or more recruiting service) at the following positions:

2 at DT
1 at OL
1 at RB
1 at QB
1 at DB

We had one committed at LB/Safety (Willis), and 1 at WR (Bonner). Willis decided to change schools at the last minute, and Bonner appears to be going elsewhere.

At one time or another GT had a 4 star recruit at every single position group. Had the season gone better, GT would have probably signed a 4 star at every position group. This is a positive development because it shows GT CAN recruit well enough to compete for conference titles. CGC may or may not be the guy to take GT "to the next level", but GT itself isn't the recruiting problem some of us believe. GT, IMO, is really a sleeping giant. CPJ showed that GT can play with the big boys, CGC showed we can recruit well enough to build a roster to at least compete on paper. Now the trick is to get CPJ results AND CGC recruits.

Yes, it seems like there's a long road to get where we want, but there's promise that GT is close. 3 wins each of the last 3 seasons seems like that statement is a stretch, but if you look at the building blocks, there's a LOT of pieces for GT become what we want. Now it's up to TStan to get the results from either CGC or the next coach.