Fan reactions: Perceptions and delusions

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Our guys gave 110% yesterday, as they most often do, and we came up a little short. Love our GT student-athletes.

Something is wrong somewhere though. My wife knows very little about football but she quit watching in the 4th quarter yesterday when we were up 22-14, stating that she had a “bad feeling”. I felt it too. She also expressed this while we were at the Tennessee game after we fumbled deep inside UT territory and we had a “comfortable” lead. My point is that someone that doesn’t really know much about football has associated our leads as being insufficient and scary and she’s the most optimistic person I know. When we lead, I feel like we play “not to lose” instead of playing to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep
I was busy yesterday and finally checked score (only) with 21 SECONDS left- and I had a VERY sick feeling something was not right but I left then. The final results speak for themselves. hmmm

NorthAvenueNation

Jolly Good Fellow
This year already reminds me of last year. Up until the Virginia Tech game, Paul Johnson was on the hot seat. Once we beat Virginia Tech, things change drastically. Well, let’s be real, we’ve only lost one ACC game this year. We play Clemson away… We have won there before, and if Syracuse can beat them, anyone can beat them. Yes, they have a bye week, but who cares?!? We MUST expect to win every game. Just dream with me for a moment, if we take care of Wake and beat Clemson, and Miami loses a game in the next two weeks, we will all be singing a different tune. Let’s just let the season play out and continue to support our jackets.

MountPGT1990

Banned
This year already reminds me of last year. Open till the Virginia Tech game, Paul Johnson was on the hot seat already. Once we beat Virginia Tech, things change drastically. Well, let’s be real, we only lost one ACC game. We play Clemson away… We have one there before, and if Syracuse can beat them, anyone can beat them. Just a dream with me for a moment, if we take care of week and beat Clemson, and Miami loses a game in the next two weeks, we will all be singing a different tune. Let’s just let the season play out and continue to support our jackets.

Just because Cuse beat Clemson it dosent mean that we can. Look at how they beat them, Syracuse aired it out, chunking the ball all over the place, they were able to hold off that front seven and neutralize themby hitting large chunk plays down the field. It was the same thing PItt was able to do against them last year.

GT is built the exact opposite. We unfortunately matchup terribly with Clemson’s defense as we play right into the strength of their defense which is their front seven. (Think Iowa game in orange bowl or LSU in peach bowl) They 100% shut us down last year in Atl, I think the last play of the half we ran for like 7 yards and that matched our total yardage for 2 quarters. Now Venables once again has another two weeks to scheme against us.

I will be 100% shocked if we top 200 yards rushing and 14 points in DV against a pissed off CU team looking to bounce back after an embarrassing loss

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Just because Cuse beat Clemson it dosent mean that we can. Look at how they beat them, Syracuse aired it out, chunking the ball all over the place, they were able to hold off that front seven and neutralize themby hitting large chunk plays down the field. It was the same thing PItt was able to do against them last year.

GT is built the exact opposite. We unfortunately matchup terribly with Clemson’s defense as we play right into the strength of their defense which is their front seven. They shut us down last year in Atl and now Venables again has another two weeks to scheme against us. I will be 100% shocked if we top 200 yards rushing and 14 points in DV against a pissed off CU team looking to bounce back after an embarrassing loss

Blah, blah, blah, can't win, clemson pi**ed off, on and on and on, rinse and repeat. SMFH

GTFLETCH

Banned
There are no gimmie games on the schedule... UVA is like 5-1... Do I think we can play with Georgia, Clemson, VT the way we did with Miami & Tenn... YES!! But we need to Beat Wake, UVA and Duke...We have to win those games and hope that the ball bounces our way against Clemson, VT and UGA like it did against FSU in 2015...

The team is playing their hearts out and as long as they learn from the defeats, we may be able to upset a few teams and win a bowl along the way... #perspective

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Haters gonna hate logical reasoning that doesn’t say GT Natty champs every post

You are so full of merde, not one has stated anything about a NC. Guys like you walk around with the "I'm the smartest person in the room" attitude and then whine when you're called out. Do us all a favor and go back to sting talk or some other place and leave the football discussion to the adults. What are you 16 o something like that?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We just aren't able to recruit the 4 and 5* defensive players. The factories get the bigger players with speed. We get the 3* players that are very good but not dominant. Our guys are better students and we can keep them in school. The factories find courses (can you say UNC) to hide them and keep them eligible. We are going into knife fights with one hand tied behind our backs because we are doing it the right way with our athletes. The UNC debacle has proven that the NCAA is not interested in academics anymore. It has been spoiled by big money. The athletic departments are now running the universities (who are the highest paid employees at the universities). We are fortunate that we have a coaching staff that is as successful as it has been considering how stacked the deck has become against schools like ours that have any academic integrity. A co-worker that attended Duke once told me that he knew a bunch of the FB players. They were pretty bad back then and had losing seasons every year. He said the players told him "sure they got beat on the football field but the opposing players would be working for them one day". They were there to get an education. I suspect that is the attitude of our players as well.

MountPGT1990

Banned
And another crazy thought. I think CPJ is not really ready to go with Howard and we need another B-back. Mathew Jordan. He would fall in a long line of Qbs to Bs.

I suggested this 6 weeks ago and got scoffed at by the entire board. MJ would make a great Bback and he could actually get off the bench in this role

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
I suggested this 6 weeks ago and got scoffed at by the entire board. MJ would make a great Bback and he could actually get off the bench in this role
You are so full of merde, not one has stated anything about a NC. Guys like you walk around with the "I'm the smartest person in the room" attitude and then whine when you're called out. Do us all a favor and go back to sting talk or some other place and leave the football discussion to the adults. What are you 16 o something like that?

Yes. Please go to StinGTalk. You will be very well received there, I assure you.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I don't think anyone is bashing players. The coaching staff gets paid a whole lot of money and you're watching the wrong game if you think we don't have a right to be mad at some of the calls. The straight up truth is if Richt doesn't call that bonehead onside kick, this game isn't that close. We got our butts kicked and it's mostly the coaching staff's fault.

We got our butts kicked?!?! Lolololololol

Richt got a gift from God with the rain. He was going to onside kick regardless because he knew it was going to be a low possession half, and that we were not going to come out in shotgun and show our improved passing game.

Last edited:

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
911 services are screaming for mercy...mass calls for Whambulances for Tech fans have completely overburdened the system and snowflakes in need of these services are now unable to receive the help they need. If Trump tweets anything at all masses will die now and we will be blamed.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Bleed, I’m sure not questioning our “right” to complain, I’m questioning the validity of it sometimes... it seems that some believe that if we lose a game, it must have been a “failure” of a player or coach... sometimes it IS a failure, but sometimes you just get beat...
We don’t have a “right” to win games, they just owe us an obligation to prepare and compete in earnest..
I thought they met that obligation to us fans today, and just got beat.

One thing that I have noticed about our teams in recent years is that the team chemistry is usually pretty good, the players by and large play very hard, they are good citizens and generally keep their minds focused on the business at hand. Minor points you say? Well, I have already seen this season a number of teams underachieving, quitting on their coach and or teammates, stars letting their teammates down with ill advised illegal acts that bring shame to their schools and create discord among the fan bases. Given all that, we should actually feel blessed with our our young men.

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
The only person I'm mad abt is Brad Stewart he should of caught that ball and we would of won,he's my boy I like him but we can't do nothing abt it just worry abt the next game and win out our next games and don't look back we have got this no worries let the good times roll with us as we win our next games we can still finish out good,from this team I can see a 9-10 game win season if we can beat out our record last year we will be fine beat wake,clemson,and even gawga heck I'd take that,just believe guys we got this definitely!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I'd actually 100% agree with this if it wasn't for the last drive. There's no excuse for giving up chunks of yards on the same play over and over again in that late game scenario. It was an absolute embarrassment.
Haters gonna hate logical reasoning that doesn’t say GT Is going to win every game .
I am the most optimistic guy here and I have predicted we loose 3 games. I predict 2 are losses in the last second and the other is a little less clear.
1990 - you might as well enjoy the ride! Lots of other thing to get up tight about