Fan reactions: Perceptions and delusions

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow
It is genuinely astonishing to me to watch fan reactions following hard fought W’s and L’s

How does anyone watch our warriors battle today and come away angry? Heartbroken FOR our players and Coaches? Yes.
Angry at our players and Coaches? No way.

I saw ZERO lack of effort from players or lack of preparation from our Coaches.

Seriously, we have top level athletes competing toe to toe with other top level athletes every week. We are NOT going to win every game even when we play well... others are going to play well too... sometimes better. Losing, while sad, does not always require being “mad”....

I’m trying to think of the last time I saw us put a team on the football field that was “unprepared” to compete competently.

Just so very proud that we have legit student athletes that are athletically talented enough to compete every Saturday with ANYONE.... and to represent all of us with dignity and class.

A heartfelt, sincere THANK YOU to every player and Coach that went down there and fought it out today... you are respected and appreciated greatly.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
It is genuinely astonishing to me to watch fan reactions following hard fought W’s and L’s

How does anyone watch our warriors battle today and come away angry? Heartbroken FOR our players and Coaches? Yes.

Seriously, we have top level athletes competing toe to toe with other top level athletes every week. We are NOT going to win every game even when we play well... others are going to play well too... sometimes better. Losing, while sad, does not always require being “mad”....

I’m trying to think of the last time I saw us put a team on the football field that was “unprepared” to compete competently.

Just so very proud that we have legit student athletes that are athletically talented enough to compete every Saturday with ANYONE.... and to represent all of us with dignity and class.

A heartfelt, sincere THANK YOU to every player and Coach that went down there and fought it out today... you are respected and appreciated greatly.

I don't think anyone is bashing players. The coaching staff gets paid a whole lot of money and you're watching the wrong game if you think we don't have a right to be mad at some of the calls. The straight up truth is if Richt doesn't call that bonehead onside kick, this game isn't that close. We got our butts kicked and it's mostly the coaching staff's fault.

I don't think anyone is bashing players. The coaching staff gets paid a whole lot of money and you're watching the wrong game if you think we don't have a right to be mad at some of the calls. The straight up truth is if Richt doesn't call that bonehead onside kick, this game isn't that close. We got our butts kicked and it's mostly the coaching staff's fault.
Not saying we sat on our slim lead, but if we don't get that onsides kick, then I think we would have seen a somewhat different second half.

orange14

Jolly Good Fellow

Thank you for your comments Mrs. Johnson

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow

Bleed, I’m sure not questioning our “right” to complain, I’m questioning the validity of it sometimes... it seems that some believe that if we lose a game, it must have been a “failure” of a player or coach... sometimes it IS a failure, but sometimes you just get beat...
We don’t have a “right” to win games, they just owe us an obligation to prepare and compete in earnest..
I thought they met that obligation to us fans today, and just got beat.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Bleed, I’m sure not questioning our “right” to complain, I’m questioning the validity of it sometimes... it seems that some believe that if we lose a game, it must have been a “failure” of a player or coach... sometimes it IS a failure, but sometimes you just get beat...
We don’t have a “right” to win games, they just owe us an obligation to prepare and compete in earnest..
I thought they met that obligation to us fans today, and just got beat.

I'd actually 100% agree with this if it wasn't for the last drive. There's no excuse for giving up chunks of yards on the same play over and over again in that late game scenario. It was an absolute embarrassment.

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow
I'd actually 100% agree with this if it wasn't for the last drive. There's no excuse for giving up chunks of yards on the same play over and over again in that late game scenario. It was an absolute embarrassment.
I agree with this point Bleed.. sure wish that 4th and 10 would have just ricocheted off one more object and dropped harmlessly to the slick grass... surely mojo is coming our way soon

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I don't know why but unless we are up 10+ points midway through the 4th I have zero confidence in this team winning games. We seem to **** ourselves offensively and the D can play great all game but it's a ****ing lock we give up points before the half and final minute of a game.

I agree. I actually post an analysis on this very topic this morning and I did not like my findings at all.

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't know why but unless we are up 10+ points midway through the 4th I have zero confidence in this team winning games. We seem to **** ourselves offensively and the D can play great all game but it's a ****ing lock we give up points before the half and final minute of a game.

Is it depth Ryan..?
Seems that often when we get in these evenly matched bloodbaths like yesterday, the other team has 20 good defensive players rolling through, while we have 14... don’t know the numbers, just a thought about why we tend to give up points late

Troutbum

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm with you GPD. Kids played hard all day long. Our receiver drops a sure 3rd down completion on one end and they get a 4th down gift down on the other end. UM is a little bit charmed right now.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
We have a very good coach. Read the change-up CPJ did against Miami defense early and his call to get Marshall outside with Braun were great.

We have a good team. We lost to a good team yesterday at their place. Nobody liked the bubble screens but on the other hand we got them to 4th and 10 and had a weird play beat us. If coach can get their heads straight after two tough losses, we can still do some good things.

CPJ has my support and so does Roof. Wish we could get a little more depth. It was a fun game to watch even though we lost.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Our guys gave 110% yesterday, as they most often do, and we came up a little short. Love our GT student-athletes.

Something is wrong somewhere though. My wife knows very little about football but she quit watching in the 4th quarter yesterday when we were up 22-14, stating that she had a “bad feeling”. I felt it too. She also expressed this while we were at the Tennessee game after we fumbled deep inside UT territory and we had a “comfortable” lead. My point is that someone that doesn’t really know much about football has associated our leads as being insufficient and scary and she’s the most optimistic person I know. When we lead, I feel like we play “not to lose” instead of playing to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk