Fan Day 8/6 Roll Call

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Cottrell looks like a fullback in this image. His upper body is as big as Mitchell's and the two linemen walking with them, narrow hips. If he's maintained his speed and wiggle, he's going to be really something to watch.
upload_2016-8-7_6-41-28.png

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I also talked with Harris' parents who are from my and Godhigh's neighborhood. Mother says only his height (5' 8") was a detriment in his recruiting. "Short" did not seem to limit Godhigh. Very nice people and Jackie Harris will make a good addition to our team.
We all want the "prototypical" sized FB player, but if is one spot that size doesn't matter as much, it is RB. Barry Sanders was 5'8" and Emmitt Smith 5'9"!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
This group could very well end up being our most fearsome group of abacks. Not only for their speed and quickness....but several seem physically capable of dishing out some punishment blocking. I'm in favor of seeing some decleating this year.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
We all want the "prototypical" sized FB player, but if is one spot that size doesn't matter as much, it is RB. Barry Sanders was 5'8" and Emmitt Smith 5'9"!
I don't know how I missed harris, but I'll be darned if I don't see a lot of Robbie Godhigh in his film. Short, but very physical, and slow, but quick in tight spaces. Wouldn't blow my mind if he plays some down the road.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Especially at RB, height does not equal size. A thickly built short guy is kind of ideal for the position...powerful legs and a low center of gravity help break lots of tackles, plus it's always nice to be able to hide behind the OL so they don't know where you are til you burst through the line.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Biggest arms (considering body size) goes to Alford and Alexander, and there were many, many others in close second place. MMarshall is really put together. Even the QBs looked like LBs. This was a really strong athletic looking group. The players obviously put in some good work in the offseason. I especially enjoyed the many instances of the players interfacing with the young kids.

This is a really nice event with lots of smiles on both sides of the tables. Thanks and well done GTAA.

DaddyBill

Jolly Good Fellow
For those that made it and have already posted, the guys looked good.

As has been stated before, each year the young men are overall impressive with their interaction with the fans (especially the young ones). This was true for everyone from the true freshman to the 5th year seniors. Makes me a proud as a fan for them to keep the great attitude despite the heat.

@DaddyBill - I told Tre' I wasn't going to embarrass him today and to just pretend that I gave him a hug for you. ;)

@awbuzz....thanks for thinking of me and giving #25 that imaginary hug!