Fan Day 8/6 Roll Call

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Had to bust JT's balls a little. He stood up to take a photo with a fan in front of me. I said "JT, you're taller than I thought." Got some good guffaws from his backups, one of which advises JT is shortest at his position group. JT replied he was fasted the...they hit back he is "getting rusty" . :))

In all seriousness there seems to be good camaraderie and chemistry with this team. True of all the position groups I saw. Bunch of guys with good attitudes, expressing desire to work hard, and reap the rewards come game time. Gonna be a good year folks.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
It was hot at blue blazes out there, but a beautiful day for photos. The fitness level of the players was somewhat evident, so that was fun getting eyes on them. Coaches seem upbeat. Obviously, a lot of hard work is ahead to see what we really have yet.

This is a fun place-holder event, tiding us all over until the games can begin.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
When is the first Thur night radio show? I assume following the BC game? They better pull trigger on Voice of the Jackets. That dude (whoever it is) has a lot to learn in a short time.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Ramblinwreck.com still has the 2015 page up. So, no new schedule yet. Yes, far as I know it'll still be on Mondays. But, I'm ready to find out when they start up.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Shout out to @flea77 and @awbuzz , good to see you both! Shout out to the team, a better mannered, better spoken group than I've seen in a long time! Us fans should be very very proud of these young men. Shout out to CPJ and CAM!!! Wonderful time today and GO JACKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to see @OldJacketFan today. Thanks for pointing out flea77. Had looked for him, but he wasn't behind Will early on and Will said that he'd been there five minutes earlier but was around (this was right at the opening of the session.

@flea77, it was a pleasure to meet you. Thank you introducing me to Coach West. When he said his name it rang a bell, but to what that bell was I wasn't sure... until you said O-line coach.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
For those that made it and have already posted, the guys looked good.

As has been stated before, each year the young men are overall impressive with their interaction with the fans (especially the young ones). This was true for everyone from the true freshman to the 5th year seniors. Makes me a proud as a fan for them to keep the great attitude despite the heat.

@DaddyBill - I told Tre' I wasn't going to embarrass him today and to just pretend that I gave him a hug for you. ;)

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Coach, as usual, was in a good mood and was in MANY pictures, including this old fart and with my son.
upload_2016-8-6_20-34-51.png

upload_2016-8-6_20-36-1.png

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Patrick Gamble said that even those that are old enough, likely will not be allow to sample Guinness in it's home town.

upload_2016-8-6_20-59-44.png
:banghead:

Attachments

• upload_2016-8-6_20-59-27.png
    upload_2016-8-6_20-59-27.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 17

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
We were talking to the parents of ppreferred walk on Jackie Harris prior to going through the gate. Good people. Evidently Jackie had a lot of interest from Ivy League in Northeast schools, so must be a smart kid.

I also talked with Harris' parents who are from my and Godhigh's neighborhood. Mother says only his height (5' 8") was a detriment in his recruiting. "Short" did not seem to limit Godhigh. Very nice people and Jackie Harris will make a good addition to our team.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
We had a great time at fan day!
Quite possibly the most productive in all I've ever been to.
One thing I took away from this year was the incredible shape the guys seem to be in.
It seems the off season workouts have been you to their fullest potential.
I think it will also transition onto the field.
We spoke with D MO and he spoke highly on the readiness and chemistry this team has compared to any in the past.

Got to speak with @flea77 and @ClydeBrick, both seemed to be enjoying the day.

I am looking forward to seeing the team in Dublin.
#TogetherWeSwarm
20160806_221055.jpg
20160806_221055.jpg
20160806_221256.jpg

Attachments

• 20160806_220944.jpg
    20160806_220944.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 20160806_221009.jpg
    20160806_221009.jpg
    464.3 KB · Views: 49