Fan Day 2015 Roll Call!

JKMSJ

Jolly Good Fellow
Last year, they had the trophies out there. And, the Ramblin' Wreck for fans to pose with. Cheerleaders all around. Then, players are available under tents at stations by position group. CPJ has his own tent. Fans just line up and wait their turn at the various stations. Then, you can get pictures with players. Autographs on posters, etc.

It's all on the turf at Bobby Dodd. As you'll see in a minute, we were recruiting the Morgans and had just gotten their commitment at the time. So, we walked up on this great moment as coach Andy "Big Country" McCollum was greeting the Morgan twins. Of interest, their then 14 yr-old "little" brother was with them and is almost their size already! He's the one with his back to the camera over on the left.

10665707_10152709884289306_2625380748515092299_n.jpg

10649702_10152709884569306_4024498913084876500_n.jpg

10538592_10152709885524306_3354737839922998333_n.jpg
Thanks for the family photo....that is me in the georgia tech football shirt,my 3 daughters,wife,and parents standing in front of me getting posters signed.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for the family photo....that is me in the georgia tech football shirt,my 3 daughters,wife,and parents standing in front of me getting posters signed.
How great! Go figure that I would post 3 pictures and 2 of you have already found yourselves. Well, I'm glad.

(Btw...we're watching "Beach Flip" on HGTV. But, @MrsDrJacket is actually studying her updated roster she printed out this weekend. She's trying to get all the new players/uniform #'s down. It's hilarious and cool all at once.)

Last edited:

JKMSJ

Jolly Good Fellow
How great! Go figure that I would post 3 pictures and 2 of you have already found yourselves. Well, I'm glad.

(Btw...we're watching "Beach Flip" on HGTV. But, @MrsDrJacket is actually studying her updated roster she printed out this weekend. She's trying to get all the new players/uniform #'s down. It's hilarious and cool all at once.)
Sounds like we both married very well my wife will know the new guys names and numbers before I do.

furant

Jolly Good Fellow
I'll be there, at least with 2 of my 3. Would love to meet some swarmers.

Here's my youngest with Omoregie Uzzi back in 2012. We were thrilled to see they used the pic on ramblinwreck.com.

Attachments

• 1091098_10151652380003025_110258828_o.jpg
    1091098_10151652380003025_110258828_o.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 77

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer

My wife just gave me the test on Jersey numbers. I missed three freshmen the first time but I got all the scholly numbers + Willis and McClellan second time around. Its a lot more fun when you can ID the players from posted pics and videos. I've been cramming for Fan Day.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I have purchased a 2014 orange bowl champions flag to have the players sign! It's one of the signs you hang outside.
We have had several different items from over the past several years.
Be advised for those who have never been, wear sun screen and sunglasses..perhaps a cap or hat as well.
It DOES get hot.

Tdippp

Ramblin' Wreck
I saw somewhere that you can only have players sign one thing? Is that true? I'm planning on coming with my dad and brother but I don't want to go just for one signature

furant

Jolly Good Fellow
I saw somewhere that you can only have players sign one thing? Is that true? I'm planning on coming with my dad and brother but I don't want to go just for one signature
One autographed item per fan, per player (or coach). Just to prevent people from bringing 8 things and holding up the line.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
They are lined up like an assembly line. I don't remember anyone taking inventory.
However, please don't use the 40 items in a 10 item or less mind set like when grocery shopping.
Lol.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
They are lined up like an assembly line. I don't remember anyone taking inventory.
However, please don't use the 40 items in a 10 item or less mind set like when grocery shopping.
Lol.

I had two other people and myself getting signatures. I got two footballs signed by everyone on the team & CPJ. Plus other items with only one signature. One item CPJ signed was that big "Georgia Tech Football Vault" book which was a Christmas gift.

You got let in earlier last year if you had season tickets. The lines fill up fast with QBs desk and ABs filling up the fastest. Plus there is a long line for CPJ. And they were very specific in asking which one item you wanted to get signed since the line was so long.

If anyone is interested, I'll trade one of my 2014 footballs with all signatures for a football with signatures this year. I've got a virgin football (with stitched GT) that I can FedEx to you ASAP. Otherwise, I'll just try to buy one......