Fall Camp News

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
@iceeater1969 Tagged both of you. DK hit 21 mph in todays races at practice. Ken talked about how impressive that was considering he's 247 lbs.
We merry few! Hope while in the valley!

All are welcome on the DK train ( he loves the fries at chik fila)

I think DK was recruited as a qb by Andy Mac.

During spring game I saw him help dt make a tackle. He did this by moving to point of attack and plugging the guard and dt (#5) followed making tackle. He never ducked his head and held ground. Maybe a fluke but not seen by gt LB in ages.

Yesterday on rivals when giving interview he said that he won a race between all the LB.

He has a chip - wants a championship per his Twitter post .

Imo, he will be very useful on downs we need to stop run .

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Lose it or exchange the fat for muscle.
We wish. Some of the guys in that photo area too far gone for that, imho. Th only thing to do is get them to slim down.

However - and God help us - you get the feeling that the blubber is what Key wants. Well, it worked for Sherm Plunkett …

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
We wish. Some of the guys in that photo area too far gone for that, imho. Th only thing to do is get them to slim down.

However - and God help us - you get the feeling that the blubber is what Key wants. Well, it worked for Sherm Plunkett …
I guess a certain amount of blubber can be beneficial if there's enough muscle to go with it. We'll find out this year...

MidtownJacket

Staff member
During spring game I saw him help dt make a tackle. He did this by moving to point of attack and plugging the guard and dt (#5) followed making tackle. He never ducked his head and held ground. Maybe a fluke but not seen by gt LB in ages.
Agreed - he seems to have some flint in his spine and finds himself in the right place to make a play, and capable of doing so.

I remember guys talking about him being one of if not the fastest in practice but he also is willing to lay the wood. Won't forget that scoop on the fumble last year against UNC either.

And gentlemen across the land now off the bandwagon,
Shall think themselves accursed they were not there,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon this coming season's play.

;)

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer

I know sports physiology has changed and I have not kept up but what is the current understanding of how linemen lose weight just from the wear of the season? Some coaches in the past counted on the season to almost automatically remove 20 pounds and so wanted to start the season with a cushion.

I know CPJ did not like his linemen carrying extra weight but that was a different system.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck

Yeah with the pro style, the default is that the OL should resist movement as much as possible, so heavier = better generally.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
It can't be stated enough (and we've stated it alot on this forum) but we have an embarrassment of riches in the back field, still. We need to establish that presence early and often every game as long has emphasized. I really hope the OL can help us do that.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
It can't be stated enough (and we've stated it alot on this forum) but we have an embarrassment of riches in the back field, still. We need to establish that presence early and often every game as long has emphasized. I really hope the OL can help us do that.
Riches in the backfield cannot hold a candle to "riches on both lines". Get that and then we are cooking.

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Especially liked the comment that the walk-on Fusile was competing for playing time based on he is 6’6”, 316lbs, tough, smart and strong.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck

I believe 2 of those guys are freshmen and I don't believe any of those guys in the picture will be in the 2 deep. Most of the guys who are contending for playing time look pretty good imo.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Bet the kid has lots of desire to play.
Joe Fusile then:

1660945035364.png

And Now:

R-Freshman
Height6-6
Weight316
HometownRichmond Hill, Ga.
Last SchoolRichmond Hill H.S.
Joe Fusile - Football - Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

Follow Joe on Twitter: @JoeFusile
Follow Joe on Instagram: @bigjoe.bigjoe
2021 (Freshman): Did not see game action as a true freshman … Redshirted.
High School: Three-year starter at left tackle at Richmond Hill H.S. … Led team in pancake blocks and anchored an offensive front that paved the way for one of the top rushing attacks in the Savannah area.
Personal: Majoring in electrical engineering … Member of ACC academic honor roll.

Recleb

Georgia Tech Fan
Joe Fusile then:

And Now:

R-Freshman
Height6-6
Weight316
HometownRichmond Hill, Ga.
Last SchoolRichmond Hill H.S.

Follow Joe on Twitter: @JoeFusile
Follow Joe on Instagram: @bigjoe.bigjoe
2021 (Freshman): Did not see game action as a true freshman … Redshirted.
High School: Three-year starter at left tackle at Richmond Hill H.S. … Led team in pancake blocks and anchored an offensive front that paved the way for one of the top rushing attacks in the Savannah area.
Personal: Majoring in electrical engineering … Member of ACC academic honor roll.
Impressive. Get after it, Big Joe!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Encouraging.

I watched the replay of the 1990 bowl win over Nebraska. On first touchdown the announcer said “he’s also an academic All American,” as the runner trotted into the end zone. Later in the game a Tech player made a spectacular play and the announcer commented on his engineering degree.

Made me nostalgic for the good old days when the toughness of a college football player was intrinsically tied to their academic work.