Fall Camp News

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Why do you say that? We have 4 OL line transfers. 2 have 3 more years of eligibility and 2 have all 4 years.

I'm on board with the transfers we have on both OL and DL, but ideally you wouldn't need to depend on transfers to build a line. Both units, OL particularly, function better when they have had time to gel as a unit, which is a product of years with class separation allowing younger guys to mature into their roles and take over for guys graduating out of the program. When you have to rely on transfers to fill holes it means we haven't hit that point yet in our OL/DL recruiting and development. I don't think the OP was demeaning the quality of the transfers we have incoming, just noting it's not the ideal way to fix the OL/DL issues.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
So Gibbs moved to a higher ranked program. Any other facts to support your view? What about the 4 stars we got from Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Notre Dame.....

This board is such a negative place.
Ivey left Ole Miss, Dominick left for Arkansas

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Are we back to the old adage about Fall Camp where “if your QB looks great in practice, you have a terrible defense, and if the defense looks good then you have no talent on offense”?

(When we DO get better, it has to start SOMEWHERE)

Some of us have never left that truism. ;) In baseball, football or basketball. Maybe not in golf.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Are we back to the old adage about Fall Camp where “if your QB looks great in practice, you have a terrible defense, and if the defense looks good then you have no talent on offense”?

(When we DO get better, it has to start SOMEWHERE)

Some of us have never left that truism. ;) In baseball, football or basketball. Maybe not in golf.
Yes, our golf team always has a great defense!

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Yes, our golf team always has a great defense!
1660661993954.gif

alagold

Helluva Engineer
"... an oft-asked question of the preseason – which freshmen will play and not be redshirted? – Moore is a leading candidate to contribute on the field this season."

DJ Moore looked good in Spring "scrimmage".He is a man now.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
From what I'm seeing, pretty optimistic about this seasons improvements. BUT I've fallen for this trap for 3 seasons now, hopefully Collins has things fixed.
How many Super Seniors do we have verses our opponents. ?
Gt Ol 2 deep average age 1.8 years out of hs.

With Covid year Sims has how many years to be super senior = 3 iirc.

When we have mature starters and back ups then we can demand a lot more.

W young team and tough schedule , I just demand ghey get better every game.

( If cpj had ended his career the way he started he would be a legend) .

I need some good things to remember from Oct and November

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
( If cpj had ended his career the way he started he would be a legend) .
Well … in 2008 Tech was second in the Coastal with a 5-3 record. In 2018 Tech was - wait for it - second in the Coastal with a 5-3 record. We lost a bowl game lopsidedly both seasons. And we curb-stomped a major opponent (da U in 08, VT in 18) both years. The only difference came, really, in the UGAG game. But that's all some people look at. Btw, Paul is a legend.