Fall Ball

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
........I’m cautiously optimistic at this point

I am too. But to keep from getting too optimistic, I read about other ACC teams on D1 Baseball.
UNC - can go back to CWS where they we within a game of winning.
L'Ville - Get back to CWS like they used to do regularly.
WF - great pitching, has Omaha potential.
NC State - major factor in ACC.
GT - potential top 25. (I haven't figured out whether that is better or worse than being a major factor.)

Anyway, we have the "Lake Woebegone" effect where there are 50-80 teams with top 25 potential.

That being said, our pitching "should" be much much better and deeper than last year. Hitting maybe the same. D as stated is the massive question having lost Wade and Joey.

Would people here be ok with a top 25 finish?

I am too. But to keep from getting too optimistic, I read about other ACC teams on D1 Baseball.
UNC - can go back to CWS where they we within a game of winning.
L'Ville - Get back to CWS like they used to do regularly.
WF - great pitching, has Omaha potential.
NC State - major factor in ACC.
GT - potential top 25. (I haven't figured out whether that is better or worse than being a major factor.)

Anyway, we have the "Lake Woebegone" effect where there are 50-80 teams with top 25 potential.

That being said, our pitching "should" be much much better and deeper than last year. Hitting maybe the same. D as stated is the massive question having lost Wade and Joey.

Would people here be ok with a top 25 finish?
Being how bad its been the last few years. I still expect to host a regional and play in a super. Then all bets are off.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I read this. It seems to have an a lot of information. Yet... not much to sink my teeth into. Definitely... positively spun.

Did anyone see the action to provide more? I'm not concerned about winning or losing... but 4 runs in 12 innings seems a little low for this offense.

http://ramblinwreck.com/yellow-jackets-fan-18-in-5-4-loss-to-cvcc/

Spin it however. We lost to a 2500 person community college.

Jake Lee gave up 4 runs and Chapman one run. 5 pitchers gave up none. So pitching was ok as long as Hall pulls struggling pitchers quickly this year.

Looks like all runs were earned which is a good thing for the D.

Only 4 runs in a 12 inning game against a community college is awful. We should have scored over 20, closer to 24 based on scoring 10 against USCe in 14 innings.

A box score for both USCe and CVCC would be helpful, but maybe too illuminating.

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
CVCC regularly sends multiple players to sec and acc schools each year, they are a very good program. With that being said, GT should not lose to them. There was no energy, and it looked like the team had that “ aw hell we are playing a juco team” vibe. As far as the game itself, the runs off of Lee were misleading. He threw the ball well but looked to be obviously squeezed by the home plate umpire. So much so that a long conversation took place between Lee and the ump after the inning. CVCC got a couple of clutch hits, and when we had chances we didn’t, even though there were some balls hit well right at people.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Spin it however. We lost to a 2500 person community college.

Jake Lee gave up 4 runs and Chapman one run. 5 pitchers gave up none. So pitching was ok as long as Hall pulls struggling pitchers quickly this year.

I think more than 7 guys pitched for us...those were the only ones listed in the recap.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer