Extension Agreement

Animal02

Banned
@Techster

I was told he wanted more help in the recruiting office...we are up to 3 but we are still under staffed compared to others.

Was also told that he wants this to be his (likely) last contract and that he wants to win it all...when he met with MBob I was told that he was going to ask for what he felt he needed to win it all...and recruiting front and staff support were two of the main things...my source said the $$$ money donors were on CPJs side.

Said he feels CPJ has 5-7 years left max.
He is 57 now.......would make sense that he would retire no later than 65.......there is still a lot of golf he could play at that age.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
@Techster

I was told he wanted more help in the recruiting office...we are up to 3 but we are still under staffed compared to others.

Was also told that he wants this to be his (likely) last contract and that he wants to win it all...when he met with MBob I was told that he was going to ask for what he felt he needed to win it all...and recruiting front and staff support were two of the main things...my source said the $$$ money donors were on CPJs side.

....what does this mean??? : (

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
He should get base 3M, but then continue to have incentive pay built in....250K for beating UGAG, 150K for winning ACC, 100K for winning bowl game, 250K for winning national semi, and 500K for winning NC. This would mean he could add up to 1.15M to the 3M.....making his possible annual salary 4.15M.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Good move to keep him. Need to insure that those members of his staff he wants long term are also awarded.
Johnson is a good fit at GT. He has to work with the handcuffs imposed by the Institute that those schools he competes against do not have,
but he seems to make it work.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
@Techster

On average, do you know how many people are part of a recruiting staff at other Power 5 schools?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
@Techster

I really like the sound of this.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
@Techster

They always say that in their late 50s, and then coach at least a decade more.

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
@Techster

This fires me up, PJ thinking he can win it all. It does sadden me though to think we only have 5-7 years of PJ left.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Going to be a very interesting transition when CPJ leaves. Do we hire another option coach? Our roster will be stocked with option players.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
@Techster

That pretty much matches up with what I thought he may want, as in valuing signs of support needed for Tech to win a MNC. The best part of your info though us that the big money donors were on CPJs side.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
my first idea as well, but he's 54 already...I'm thinking if he has success at Army...Jeff Monken would be near the top of our list.

IF, big IF since 5-7 years down the road Bobinski may not even be AD, and they want to stay with an option guy...really who better to do it than stay in-house and promote Bryan Cook? He will have apprenticed under CPJ, and he will have worked out the kinks of recruiting and coaching at GT.

Of course, that assumes no one is coming after Bryan Cook until then. I think other programs will come calling soon...you can't have a successful program without losing valuable people. (See Bohanon, Monken)