Expectations on this year and next

NorthAvenueNation

Jolly Good Fellow
A few observations for this year and next:

- Our guys are still playing as a team and none of the guys are quitting on each other or the coaches; that’s coaching, motivation and belief in the process; that will manifest into consistent wins (eventually) and wins in recruiting.
- I think 6-6 this year would be nothing short of amazing, 5-7 would be great and 4-8 would be good.
- As far as next year goes, I think CGC will get a couple of transfers to bite. We have to wait and see how the rest of the ACCC looks... I mean wasn’t UNC predicted to win only a game or two?

Proud of our team for continuing to work hard. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.

#GoJackets
#ToHellWithGeorgia

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Improved QB play which should come and a better pass rush will improve this team immensely. The OL is showing some signs of improvement and lots of recruits there next year who may help some the later part of next year. I am more concerned long term with lack of size on the DL. We need to recruit there for interior linemen.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe not unnoticed, but outside the fanbase nobody really cared. FBS team expected to be bad losing to an FCS really doesn't draw much interest. Like Nicholas State beating Kansas last year. It would be different if a team was expected to be in bowl contention, or even ranked at the time (like Iowa a couple years back I believe), but if Rutgers loses to Liberty this weekend, nobody will care, or talk about it unless Rutgers goes on to upset someone. Kinda of like how nobody outside of GT fans talked about us losing to Citadel until we beat miami.
Not refuting your main point... Just a small thing - Liberty is now FBS. They're a 7.5 point favorite @ Rutgers.

Jacket 83

Georgia Tech Fan
By the way, I’m Ja’Kolbi Griffin, my brothers are #92 Ja’Quon Griffin & #22 Jamious Griffin!
Thanks for joining the board. It’s great to hear from someone who truly knows a lot about what is going on with the team instead of the rest of us giving our opinions. I hope you keep us updated. It’s also great to have your brothers playing for Tech. I believe it’s helps in recruiting to have them on the team.

Kolbigriffin3

Georgia Tech Fan
Thanks for joining the board. It’s great to hear from someone who truly knows a lot about what is going on with the team instead of the rest of us giving our opinions. I hope you keep us updated. It’s also great to have your brothers playing for Tech. I believe it’s helps in recruiting to have them on the team.

Absolutely! I’ll give y’all all the information y’all need if I can continue to get it from my brothers! #TogetherWeSwarm #THWg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Win one or several more this year, be competitive against Ugga, hopefully get an infusion of lineman, Graham keep improving, and go from there.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
From looking at comments. I think it's safe to say, everyone expects this team to get better and possibly turn out a few more wins. With that said, does that lay down the expectation of returning to a bowl, next year? Or is there an expectation of a bowl, this year? Just curious on what the overall thoughts are. I still think we are 3 years away from worrying about bowls, but I often get called a pessimist too.

This is just my uninformed opinion but getting much more than one more win is going to be difficult. True, we did beat Miami but there are a number of issues that remain. I have little confidence in our ability to get pressure on opposing quarterbacks which will be critical next week against Pitt and then again against Virginia. As for next year, that too will be a tough row to hoe. It is entirely possible that we could have a better team next year and still have a losing record. In summation, the road back looks long and winding. Three years for a bowl look about right but then, these things sometimes get turned around really quick. Joe Hamilton's freshman year we looked pretty bad but the light came on about the middle of his sophomore year and it was Katie bar the door after that. It can happen that fast in a stretch of three or four games.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
No bowl this year, but we keep getting better. Watch for a huge upset next Saturday against Pitt, but that will be our peak. That Citadel game really hurt us. I think we will have one more bad loss, probably UVA. If Florida beats Georgia next weekend, we still won't beat them, but it will be closer than most people think. Something is going on with Georgia. All of those 5 star guys don't look that great. If we can beat Pitt, then I think we can beat NCST, but that's it. I can't predict next year. I think we will be better and the goal should be a minor bowl game.

Something is ALWAYS going on with UGA. Its what they do. If you took Miami and extrapolated their problems and talents to an extreme you would have Georgia. Always talented, always expected to compete for SEC dominance and national championships and then "something" happens. Our goal this year and next is to get better in all phases, recruit linemen especially defensive tackles like crazy, get at least one star power recruit like Gibbs and let the chips fall where they may. If we win a few more ball games than it will be nice but make no mistake this team has a ways to go.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I hope we have one more win this year but have expectations that we lose out. The oline play is horrendous and dline weak as well. There is only so much scheming that can be done to hide that. The main thing I want to see is effort and attitude. As for next year I expect more of the same because we'll probably have to start at least 2 true freshmen on the oline and several others will be in the two deep. The dline might improve but the schedule is tougher next year. 3-4 wins and be competitive in most all the games would be my best case scenario of expectations for 2020. We can't turn the corner until we fix the lines of scrimmage. Unfortunately that takes a lot of time.

"Effort and attitude"? Man, this team has that in spades. I have yet to see any sign of quit in them, unlike say Miami or FSU.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Absolutely! I’ll give y’all all the information y’all need if I can continue to get it from my brothers! #TogetherWeSwarm #THWg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please be careful about what you pass out things like injuries are not a good idea may be other things the coaches don't want the fans to know. Welcome to you and your bothers looks like a great family.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Absolutely! Of course. I’ll only give you guys things that are supposed to be out. But you all might beat me to it sometimes
What you can provide that most of us guess at is insight into the mindset of the players and how they're reacting to everything going on around them. There's been a great deal of discussion regarding hype, flash, show, and other things before any real results have been demonstrated on the field (talking about coaches not players). Insights into how the players are taking these things, in specific, and reflections on how young top flight athletes (17/18 year olds), in general, see this stuff would be very interesting.

Thanks for contributing.

Kolbigriffin3

Georgia Tech Fan
What you can provide that most of us guess at is insight into the mindset of the players and how they're reacting to everything going on around them. There's been a great deal of discussion regarding hype, flash, show, and other things before any real results have been demonstrated on the field (talking about coaches not players). Insights into how the players are taking these things, in specific, and reflections on how young top flight athletes (17/18 year olds), in general, see this stuff would be very interesting.

Thanks for contributing.
AGREED! Anytime!

GTFLETCH

Banned
At some point we need to start winning games and get back to the Georgia Tech avg of 7 wins per seasson (GOL, Chan, Johnson all avg around 7 wins per year)..... Then we can find a Coach who can take us to the next level of 8-9 wins a season.