Expectations on this year and next

Kolbigriffin3

Georgia Tech Fan
Anything can happen on any given Saturday, but realistically, our ceiling for this year is 4. I would expect us to win 1 more of either VT or NC State.
Next year's expectation are a crap shoot. My guess would be 5-7. If Vegas sets it at 5.5, I would take the over thinking we might stumble into an extra win.
This year's ACC had a lot of teams looking for QBs. VA, Pitt, & NC found theirs. I would expect those teams to improve next year as well.

Let’s be honest if we’re gonna talk about upcoming games. Me being so close to the team and having 2 brothers on the team I know the morale of the boys right now. They are motivated as ever and are going into this week of practice knowing what they can do and knowing what it feels like to finally win a game that matters. They will go to war for Collins and honestly I don’t see any reason that this would be turning us around for the remainder of the season.
•Pittsburg hasn’t played great ball. Some really close games with teams that aren’t that great.
•Miami beat Virginia, they’re good but they’re not world beaters.
•Virginia Tech.... Me and the boys actually have another brother that plays there, and they could be really good but they’re offense isn’t great.
•NC State hasn’t been impressive. Especially this previous game.
Honestly I truly believe the boys got it now. I think everything is clicking and if they continue to practice hard and fight for one another this season won’t be as bad as people expected. I’m saying they can win ANY of those games I just listed if they tap into the level of play that I’m hearing from my brothers that they feel they can play. The sky is the limit for the Jackets.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
We haven't fallen apart and turned on each other this year. Still may be working on finding out who we are as a team, regardless. I expect some of that to be the case next year too, although we should have a lot more continuity. 6-6 this year seems a pipe dream for me. I don't have a problem with it being the expectation next year, but that doesn't mean I'll be panicking if we don't meet it.

Kolbigriffin3

Georgia Tech Fan
Let’s be honest if we’re gonna talk about upcoming games. Me being so close to the team and having 2 brothers on the team I know the morale of the boys right now. They are motivated as ever and are going into this week of practice knowing what they can do and knowing what it feels like to finally win a game that matters. They will go to war for Collins and honestly I don’t see any reason that this would be turning us around for the remainder of the season.
•Pittsburg hasn’t played great ball. Some really close games with teams that aren’t that great.
•Virginia Tech.... Me and the boys actually have another brother that plays there, and they could be really good but they’re offense isn’t great.
Honestly I truly believe the boys got it now. I think everything is clicking and if they continue to practice hard and fight for one another this season won’t be as bad as people expected. I’m saying they can win ANY of those games I just listed if they tap into the level of play that I’m hearing from my brothers that they feel they can play. The sky is the limit for the Jackets.

By the way, I’m Ja’Kolbi Griffin, my brothers are #92 Ja’Quon Griffin & #22 Jamious Griffin!

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Not saying we don't have a tough schedule next year but I don't think it is as rough as people think.

We always have Clemson and ugag, which will likely be our 2 toughest teams for the foreseeable future.

The biggest downside is swapping Temple for Notre Dame. That being said, Notre Dame is a hit or miss team so it just depends on who shows up that game (on both sidelines).

We are swapping out USF for UCF. Last year I would have said this is a much tougher match up but this year's UCF is not the UCF of the last 2 years. I think it will be a slightly tougher match up but not much.

Hopefully we don't pull a Citadel next year with Gardner Webb but that change is a wash.

Finally, our rotating crossover is going from NCSt to Syracuse both are terrible teams this year so that is a wash and if anything is a better match up.

So based on the performance of the teams so far this year (which really means nothing) I say there is only a 1 game difference between the strength of schedule this year vs next year. I am sure we will still have some issues that we are working through next year but just seeing the progress this year I have hope that we will be a MUCH better team.

You may not be aware that at this point ucf is getting back their hotshot QB (All-conf,etc) for next yr.He is really good if healthy.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Good write up. Those two can play some football. Jaquon looks like he has gotten stronger.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
It’s great to hear that the players have such confidence in themselves and the coaches. By the way, in the past two recruiting classes, your brothers have been the players I’ve been most excited about. JaQuon looks like he has the potential to be a disruptive defensive lineman, and Jamious is already starting to flash a bit in the run game.

Kolbigriffin3

Georgia Tech Fan
It’s great to hear that the players have such confidence in themselves and the coaches. By the way, in the past two recruiting classes, your brothers have been the players I’ve been most excited about. JaQuon looks like he has the potential to be a disruptive defensive lineman, and Jamious is already starting to flash a bit in the run game.
Absolutely! They both work hard and have been given the opportunity to display their talents. Nothing but God!!

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I thought that TD run was special by Jamious but called back when he barely stepped out. He is darn good blocking for JG as a freshman as well. I am looking forward to his first big TD run. It's coming.

Kolbigriffin3

Georgia Tech Fan
I thought that TD run was special by Jamious but called back when he barely stepped out. He is darn good blocking for JG as a freshman as well. I am looking forward to his first big TD run. It's coming.

Oh yes we know it’s coming and it’s gonna be special! We get anxious as a family because when all 4 of us played 2 years together in high school EVERY SINGLE YEAR Ja’Quon has a defensive touchdown before Jamious scored his first offensive touchdown. So I guess we’re keeping the tradition alive![emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
Oh yes we know it’s coming and it’s gonna be special! We get anxious as a family because when all 4 of us played 2 years together in high school EVERY SINGLE YEAR Ja’Quon has a defensive touchdown before Jamious scored his first offensive touchdown. So I guess we’re keeping the tradition alive![emoji23]

Me and my Family are long time GT fans from Cedartown just right below you guys followed all the Rome Wolves when the Football program was making head turns past few years. I'm glad Jamious is starting to get more and more regular work out there because if I heard my dad go "I don't know why they ain't letting that boy run the ball" one more time I was going to fall out. Did I see Ja'Quon lined up at DE some this past game or is he primarily playing inside I know on one of the sacks he absolutely destroyed an OL attempts to put hands to his chest with a arm chop as he pushed pass him to the QB.

Kolbigriffin3

Georgia Tech Fan
Me and my Family are long time GT fans from Cedartown just right below you guys followed all the Rome Wolves when the Football program was making head turns past few years. I'm glad Jamious is starting to get more and more regular work out there because if I heard my dad go "I don't know why they ain't letting that boy run the ball" one more time I was going to fall out. Did I see Ja'Quon lined up at DE some this past game or is he primarily playing inside I know on one of the sacks he absolutely destroyed an OL attempts to put hands to his chest with a arm chop as he pushed pass him to the QB.

We’re all glad that both of them have been able to let lose and do what they’ve both been doing their whole life! Quon plays mostly NT & has been very disruptive on the inside. It’s all starting to click for them and the rest of the boys. I feel like we just busted a U-turn and are headed for some great football the rest of the way!

Kolbigriffin3

Georgia Tech Fan
We’re all glad that both of them have been able to let lose and do what they’ve both been doing their whole life! Quon plays mostly NT & has been very disruptive on the inside. It’s all starting to click for them and the rest of the boys. I feel like we just busted a U-turn and are headed for some great football the rest of the way!

**Loose**

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
Thanks for sharing and welcome to the site! Hopefully you stay and continue to contribute. One of the best parts of the site for me is being able to hear from family members of current players cause it gives us a real perspective that you can't get from anywhere else.

Kolbigriffin3

Georgia Tech Fan
Thanks for sharing and welcome to the site! Hopefully you stay and continue to contribute. One of the best parts of the site for me is being able to hear from family members of current players cause it gives us a real perspective that you can't get from anywhere else.

Absolutely! I definitely have to agree with you & thank you!

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
This is great to hear and welcome on board. I expected to be bowl eligible this year at the beginning of the season and I think its still possible. Im a Tech fan because I am possessed with idiot optimism!