Expectations for the 2021 season

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Let’s be fair to ColoradoJacket.

He was put in the position of having to defend himself against multiple posters who each had a different bone to pick. Most of us who have ever been put in that position just give up since it seems hopeless to argue with imbeciles 🤣

But rather than do that, he took the time to patiently respond to each different argument. I admire his stamina. Unfortunately, some would rather he just kept his opinions to himself. Ironic on a board that is specifically for opinions.

It is disingenuous to act like he is the one prolonging the argument when all he is doing is responding to multiple attacks on his position. The way to end this discussion is to not keep responding, not feel like you have to have the last word, or just ignore him in the first place. But you can’t keep responding to him and then complain that he is the one dragging out the discussion.

I’ve heard his position, understand it, don’t fully agree but am content to quit kicking the hornets nest. It’s his opinion. This season will prove him right or wrong.

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
Let’s be fair to ColoradoJacket.

He was put in the position of having to defend himself against multiple posters who each had a different bone to pick. Most of us who have ever been put in that position just give up since it seems hopeless to argue with imbeciles 🤣

But rather than do that, he took the time to patiently respond to each different argument. I admire his stamina. Unfortunately, some would rather he just kept his opinions to himself. Ironic on a board that is specifically for opinions.

It is disingenuous to act like he is the one prolonging the argument when all he is doing is responding to multiple attacks on his position. The way to end this discussion is to not keep responding, not feel like you have to have the last word, or just ignore him in the first place. But you can’t keep responding to him and then complain that he is the one dragging out the discussion.

I’ve heard his position, understand it, don’t fully agree but am content to quit kicking the hornets nest. It’s his opinion. This season will prove him right or wrong.
That’s not even close to what he’s doing but nice try?

bikeseat

GT Athlete
Oh please, Northwestern recruits at around rank 60 every year. Coaching....humm maybe that is why they have a few good teams. Vandy? They never beat us. Ask any Tech player, Coach or High school Coach. I talk to many of them. If you truly believe we are not limited by Academics....then I can't really help you. Trevor Lawrence could not have gone or survived at Tech.....Direct quote from his parents who at sat behind at the Clemson game.

why are you sitting in the Clemson section at BDS? I thought you were the #1 GT fan?

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I think we have a bigger problem finding top flight SA's who are willing to put in the work at GT than just being limited on who we can go after. If you put those 2 together, I think that puts us well below that 25% threshold of the total pool that we get to fish in. Not too many DL war daddies who want the academic rigors of ma Tech.
Well, that is the problem in a nutshell. We can recruit and sign very good quarterbacks, running backs, defensive backs, and receivers but linemen? Seems they have become damn near extinct some years. I do not know the answers but I do know it is a quagmire that has bedeviled Tech coaches for over 50 years. The only coaches that I can recall having some success recruiting and developing linemen were O'Leary and Chan. Perhaps, to a lesser extent Bobby Ross. It is a huge challenge to be sure.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Well, that is the problem in a nutshell. We can recruit and sign very good quarterbacks, running backs, defensive backs, and receivers but linemen? Seems they have become damn near extinct some years. I do not know the answers but I do know it is a quagmire that has bedeviled Tech coaches for over 50 years. The only coaches that I can recall having some success recruiting and developing linemen were O'Leary and Chan. Perhaps, to a lesser extent Bobby Ross. It is a huge challenge to be sure.
Have you been paying attention to recruiting?

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I am sure many parents and High School coaches think that GT is too hard for athletes. Not because it is true, but because it is a narrative that has been drilled into people's heads through years and years of negative recruiting. But that narrative is actually being effectively countered by our current staff.

Why would actual Tech fans want to perpetuate harmful myths about the program?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I am sure many parents and High School coaches think that GT is too hard for athletes. Not because it is true, but because it is a narrative that has been drilled into people's heads through years and years of negative recruiting. But that narrative is actually being effectively countered by our current staff.

Why would actual Tech fans want to perpetuate harmful myths about the program?

Elitism