Expectations for the 2021 season

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Tech beats NIU and KSU. Expectation: The Collins critics will say we didn’t win by enough and the play calling was no good.

Tech loses to Clemson by 20 something. Expectation: The Collins critics will say we are just as bad as last year and the play calling was bad.

Tech plays UNC a close game, but falters. Expectation: The Collins critics will say that another 3 win season is on tap because this staff can’t coach and the play calling was terrible

Tech wins 3 or 4 of the next 6 games. Expectation: Multiple choice from the Collins critics: a) didn’t run the ball enough; b) defense is no good—he’s supposed to be a defensive coach; c) we missed an extra point; d) we missed a field goal from 50; d) bad play calling; e) bad play calling; f) bad play calling

Tech loses at ND on the road by about the same margin as last year at home. Expectation: The Collins critics will say that we haven’t improved at all, and the play calling is worse.

Tech plays a respectable game against the Dwags, but can’t match the talent. Expectation: The Collins critics will say that Collins should have beaten the Dwags by now and he should be fired. Plus, the play calling was terrible all year.
I highly doubt that winning 6 games and looking respectable against UGA is going to disappoint anyone.

GT_EE78

Banned
Urinal-Constipation gives us two whole paragraphs.
AJC-Bradley
GT wins 6
Dawgs win it all

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Urinal-Constipation gives us two whole paragraphs.
AJC-Bradley
GT wins 6
Dawgs win it all
What a mediocre article.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
If KSU is a one score game, it is a very valid concern. If our talent level is that much better than it use to be we should be able to line up and run four verts on them and run them into the ground. If we turn the ball over, call crappy plays and don't cover the alley on the pitch like we did against citadel it will be very very telling. If you don't think this is a problem, I don't think its Collin's Koolaid you're overserving yourself.
If we lose to KSU, then there will be significant changes. That will come from above CGC. I can't imagine any circumstance where we lose to Kennessaw State in Year 2.1.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
This schedule would be tough no matter who is coaching. Last I saw it was ranked the 3rd toughest. Also for Duke, as I said we should have better players but they have better coaching. Coaching can get you a long way. Until our staff proves otherwise, we have a ways to go in the coaching department. And with that, UNC, ND etc has the advantage.
Guarantee you Duke fans would disagree.

Vanillalite

Georgia Tech Fan
Coaches make too much money these days for them to just say well we played one of the toughest schedules in the nation.

While 6 wins will still have its critics, most people will see the program trending upward. That being said if year 3 is another losing record the seat will be hot going into year four. Honestly that would be true at like 90% of the P5 schools out there. The renewed emphasis on recruiting has to pan out in terms of actual wins at some point.

This year is all about how we look going forward in year 4+. Have a good year and we trend towards righting the ship long term. Lose more than we win and you’ll hear people saying we are fumbling the transition from the Johnson years.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
Unless we have developed a lot over the last year and just improve some...the schedule is daunting. Hopefully we win the first 2. I fear that if we squeak by those it is not good. Then it Is Clemson and UNC in a row. I do not anticipate winning those but if we keep them close ok. If we get clobbered...watch out below. Pitt then comes and our wear and tear from the prior 2 games will be an issue. Duke is next and I call that one a 50-50 only because of coaching. At UVA....not good. Va Tech, they will come to play but that one I have no feel for. And as for November... I think we go 0-4. Miami, BC, ND UGA. My Concern is if it is a rough go, by Va Tech I just don't know how banged up we will be both mentally and physically.
I’m just glad the players don’t feel the same way some of our fans do.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
So @Coloradojacket you’re predicting that we will win 2 maybe 3 games if the ball falls our way. If I’m not mistaken, you are the self proclaimed biggest tech fan ever because you have 476 jerseys and like to post pictures of them constantly to prove your worth, am I right? From what you have said over and over again, you moved from Colorado to Georgia and can now come to all the games. That’s great, we need butts in the seats. But please, when your butt hits the seat, cheer and don’t spit the venom that you spit on this board. Cause we all get tired of it, and I promise you, “fans like you” that sit around true fans and like to ***** and complain all game, aren’t true fans. Doesn’t matter how many jerseys you have or how long you’ve been a fan. There’s plenty of us on here that have been around a long time and have a much better attitude than you do. Doddfather out.

So @Coloradojacket you’re predicting that we will win 2 maybe 3 games if the ball falls our way. If I’m not mistaken, you are the self proclaimed biggest tech fan ever because you have 476 jerseys and like to post pictures of them constantly to prove your worth, am I right? From what you have said over and over again, you moved from Colorado to Georgia and can now come to all the games. That’s great, we need butts in the seats. But please, when your butt hits the seat, cheer and don’t spit the venom that you spit on this board. Cause we all get tired of it, and I promise you, “fans like you” that sit around true fans and like to ***** and complain all game, aren’t true fans. Doesn’t matter how many jerseys you have or how long you’ve been a fan. There’s plenty of us on here that have been around a long time and have a much better attitude than you do. Doddfather out.
I always cheer for Tech. What my post implies is that this is a very hard schedule this year and I said no matter who is coaching. And all I can go on is the past two years and what I saw on the field. It is my belief that this coaching staff is not and was not ready to coach at Tech and I have seen things that do not make me happy as a fan. I would like to be proven wrong.

And as for cheering...my butt was in the seat in 1980 when we beat number 1 Notre Dame 3-3.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It is my belief that this coaching staff is not and was not ready to coach at Tech and I have seen things that do not make me happy as a fan. I would like to be proven wrong.

I think many if not most of us share these concerns too Colorado. The results have not been pretty and this is a young staff experience wise. They are reasonable ones to have based on what we see. However, (I think) the poster is asking for a little more balance in your posts. what gives you reason to be hopeful? what made you buy season tickets this year?

I think many if not most of us share these concerns too Colorado. The results have not been pretty and this is a young staff experience wise. They are reasonable ones to have based on what we see. However, (I think) the poster is asking for a little more balance in your posts. what gives you reason to be hopeful? what made you buy season tickets this year?
My family has had season tickets since 1931. I started getting my own after my Grandmother died in 1994. You can't inherit. I have attended every Tech game I could regardless of record or coach. I am a Tech fan.
What disturbs me about this coach:
1. His disdain and comments about the prior staff....a winning staff
2. Lack of discipline lifting weights on the field, players on chairs dancing like pole dancers while in a losing game.
3. Lack of perparation...Citabel..just didn't think a CPJ offense could beat him.
4. Constant talk about elite athletes' that beat him or the ones he has that he never uses....Tobias Oliver.
5. Not adapting his scheme to match his players and instead runs a scheme...that losses...thinking he is going to build an NFL Team at Tech.....
6. Prior statement matched against reality and Tech curriculum.

Winning fixes much of this and 6 wins this year is a must. But as I said again...this schedule would be tough for Ross, CPJ and Dodd.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
My family has had season tickets since 1931. I started getting my own after my Grandmother died in 1994. You can't inherit. I have attended every Tech game I could regardless of record or coach. I am a Tech fan.
2. Lack of discipline lifting weights on the field, players on chairs dancing like pole dancers while in a losing game.
3. Lack of perparation...Citabel..just didn't think a CPJ offense could beat him.
4. Constant talk about elite athletes' that beat him or the ones he has that he never uses....Tobias Oliver.
5. Not adapting his scheme to match his players and instead runs a scheme...that losses...thinking he is going to build an NFL Team at Tech.....

Winning fixes much of this and 6 wins this year is a must. But as I said again...this schedule would be tough for Ross, CPJ and Dodd.

Colorado....I think this is the point the other poster was trying to point out. I asked you to comment on the things that you were hopeful about or excited for? Yet, you default into this list which is a list of things that are negative and are points you have made here repeatedly. Are you excited about the upcoming season? Or do you go out of habit?

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer

Your comments simply display to me that you don’t understand what is going on. #1 is bs. You are putting your negative spin on comments he’s made. #2 stupid and Jeremy, #3 citadel was bad no point in bringing it up daily, #4 meaningless,#5 really shows you don’t understand… k way to change perception of recruits unless you show what you are building. The change was done on purpose and we were told it would happen, #6 no idea what that really means.
Yes the schedule is tough but other than ND this is pretty much our normal schedule. You simply are showing your pessimism in expecting doom and gloom.