Everyone chill out.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I think we have plenty enough capable players on offense returning. If we could sign all 15 players to the defense I would do it. We really need some impact players on defense, especially in the front 7 or since we seem to run 4-2-5 most of the time the front 6.

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow
If anyone thinks this isn't a disaster for our program, think about 2015. Why was 2015 such a bad year? I'm not saying we're doomed to repeat it, but this is how it all started. People transferring out and being kicked off thinned our depth in the preceding years. Then when the injury bug came in 2015 we were down to walk ons and converted DBs.

c4jt321.png

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
If anyone thinks this isn't a disaster for our program, think about 2015. Why was 2015 such a bad year? I'm not saying we're doomed to repeat it, but this is how it all started. People transferring out and being kicked off thinned our depth in the preceding years. Then when the injury bug came in 2015 we were down to walk ons and converted DBs.

c4jt321.png
Difference is we also had a ton graduating that year.

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
And in 2015 we had a ton of injuries. Losing mm sucks, but we will be fine. Walker was mostly specials teams and better prospects coming in, so no concerns there. Saying this attrition could bring about another 2015 is inaccurate

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow
And in 2015 we had a ton of injuries. Losing mm sucks, but we will be fine. Walker was mostly specials teams and better prospects coming in, so no concerns there. Saying this attrition could bring about another 2015 is inaccurate

Well, I'm wrong a lot of the time, so here's hoping.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
It is going to hurt, but we will be fine. I can't think of a player that transferred that did better than they did at Tech, but I wish them well. We can take more in this recruiting class to fill the void.

Tech fans are a fickle bunch. Some get mad because we don't greyshirt, kick underperforming players off the team, but also get mad when players that aren't starting transfer. Now, I think Marshall is special, but I doubt we would have went another year without QW and KB getting more touches. I understand why he transferred. A RB that started a year ago, but lost the starting job to a true freshman is not likely to get a lot of playing time in the future.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member

c4jt321.png
And think about 2014 while you're at it.

"It's never as good or as bad as it seems."

Good news is we will find out next season.

orange14

Jolly Good Fellow
It seems like I heard this kind of talk after like our 7th or 8th skill player injury in 2015.
Dr. Suess had one carry that I know of and he fumbled it. (Though it looked like he ran hard) I don't think he can replace Marshall or Mills or even Allen.
What is the attraction of being the 53rd person to say chill, relax, we will be fine etc? We were fine in 2014, somewhat less in 2016. Other years, not so much. We are usually "fine" when we have experience and talent.
BJS - ? well I hope he is the next Herschel. I guess we should have noted the signing of that big B Back last week.
We do have talent on bench and coming in - will it be enough?
I'm thinking that is a particular failure to not keep these guys eligible and/or interested.
BTW, I have heard of several more defections possible transfers. It never seems that where there is some smoke it doesn't turn out to be fire.
Lack of depth - a lot of people will be whining about that next year.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
It seems like I heard this kind of talk after like our 7th or 8th skill player injury in 2015.
Dr. Suess had one carry that I know of and he fumbled it. (Though it looked like he ran hard) I don't think he can replace Marshall or Mills or even Allen.
What is the attraction of being the 53rd person to say chill, relax, we will be fine etc? We were fine in 2014, somewhat less in 2016. Other years, not so much. We are usually "fine" when we have experience and talent.
BJS - ? well I hope he is the next Herschel. I guess we should have noted the signing of that big B Back last week.
We do have talent on bench and coming in - will it be enough?
I'm thinking that is a particular failure to not keep these guys eligible and/or interested.
BTW, I have heard of several more defections possible transfers. It never seems that where there is some smoke it doesn't turn out to be fire.
Lack of depth - a lot of people will be whining about that next year.

BJS isn't playing bback. He will be at LB

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I think you guys are REALLY sleeping on Quaide, sure he hasn't seen the field much but he's sitting Behind Mills and Marshall. Quaide will be a solid BB once he gets his touches.
I dont think Quaide could ever start at GT, i am not worried about the transfers, we have pieces that can be moved around and CPJ knows how to do it.