ESPN's 2018 Football Power Index -- GT #24

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I've read this a few times and still can't quite figure out what this means. Is this a compliment or an insult? Lol
My post requires a rewrite...From what I've seen of the frosh QB, he's built somewhat like Lamar Jackson and will possibly have the same amount of success if not more. Jake Fromm, I'll wager, will not be starting his junior year and will be relegated to Jacob Eason status and leaves for the NFL after his junior year.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
My post requires a rewrite...From what I've seen of the frosh QB, he's built somewhat like Lamar Jackson and will possibly have the same amount of success if not more. Jake Fromm, I'll wager, will not be starting his junior year and will be relegated to Jacob Eason status and leaves for the NFL after his junior year.

Thanks for the explanation that makes sense. I hope you're wrong about Fields though, that's a scary thought!

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

Maybe, but the backup quarterback is often believed by fans to be the best player on the team. In a few cases the fans are correct.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
The numbers are all kinda screwy, but out of high school, Fields has 20 pounds, .2 s on Jackson's 40 and .3 s on Jackson's short shuttle. Jackson has way better numbers than that now, but Fields is a freak.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I wondered about this. Is the Uncle Lou on the video his true persona or is he meant to be a caricature of a typical UGA fan?

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I wondered about this. Is the Uncle Lou on the video his true persona or is he meant to be a caricature of a typical UGA fan?
I think it's just a sad attempt to get views on YouTube. The guy is probably playing it up a bit, but he's also kind of crazy

Based on his responses to the barbs I have thrown at him from time to time, I would say he is exactly what you perceive him to be....not a caricature, but a real redneck mutt fan. There is a regular poster on these blogs who knows Uncle Lou personally (although not closely), and he says that away from football, he's a nice guy, but when it comes to football, he is a total obnoxious jerk.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Based on his responses to the barbs I have thrown at him from time to time, I would say he is exactly what you perceive him to be....not a caricature, but a real redneck mutt fan. There is a regular poster on these blogs who knows Uncle Lou personally (although not closely), and he says that away from football, he's a nice guy, but when it comes to football, he is a total obnoxious jerk.

Pretty much fits the profile of all mutt fans then :D

Sideways

Helluva Engineer

Thank you for answering my question. Pretty much what I suspected.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I don't know a single Tech fan anywhere, or any fan of any school actually, who even come close to being like Uncle Lou.

I have personally known only fans at three other schools: Auburn, Clemson, and Florida. None of them are anywhere remotely like Uncle Lou and all of them swear that in their circle of acquaintances they do not know any fans like him. Truly a unique uh, character. I am pretty sure that LSU probably has fans like him but can't swear to it.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Not around those three little girls you have you are not... "a jerk" that is. They look precious.

Lol. That’s my boy in the gray tee shirt. I keep telling him and his mom his hair needs to be cut shorter. Now I have some good ammo to use against them.:D

See...I am a total jerk:ROFLMAO:

One that does love his kiddos though.