ESPN Predictions

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Just re-watched some of the Clemson/NCSU game.
Thoughts on Watson:
1) He'll be the best runner we've faced so far from the QB position (Brissett, Boone and M. Williams included). He could really give us hell there. Fast enough to run away from defenders and elusive.
2) Man, he throws a pretty ball. When he has time and isn't pressured, he is very accurate. Better than Kaaya.
3) Maybe things have changed since that game, but I don't think he knows the whole playbook yet. Out of the 11 completions I watched, 8 were screens. Seemed like they were only running a handful of plays with him. Maybe that's just how Clemson's offense is.
4) It is VERY, VERY important to bring pressure and get to him. The few times NCSU got positive defensive plays (a handful of incompletions and one sack), they got to him with pressure.

I would like to add though that NCSU just looked totally awful that game. I think they improved a little, particularly on offense, by the time we played them.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Mix that with a marginal running game and I could see us blitzing more than any other game so far this season.

Let's hope. I would much rather die blitzing than the painful "8 yards at a time" (aka "bend but don't break") defense we used earlier this year.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I agree GTpdm. I think we should try to death march them to death, and since they have a pretty good defense I think it is very possible that we could. Synjyn getting 3-5 ypc and eating clock will be our best friend.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
2) Man, he throws a pretty ball. When he has time and isn't pressured, he is very accurate. Better than Kaaya.

Not what I wanted to hear. If he starts screen passing us to death I hope CPJ tells Roof to tighten up the safeties before the 4th quarter.

Animal02

Banned
:stop:Hey now--none of this shady Duke-like behavior. We are to classy to cheat this way, to get the win...

Personally, I think the player we task with stopping Watson is JT. As we demonstrated to Miami, it's hard to rack up offense from the sidelines.

But if they take cheap shots at JT......a miss step or two when his hand is on the ground.............................. :eek:

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I can see both points of view with the ESPN predictors. Mobile QBs have been tough for us. I really think blitzing CBs from the outside while LBs spy some is a good attempt at an answer. I think both D's will be hard pressed to stop the other team.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Yes please....lots and lots of noise. Wish more Tech fans understood better how this can truly affect the opposing team. Not just at the line for audibles but in the huddle also. It can, and has, caused opponents difficulty communicating in the huddle. We are not nearly consistent enough with our effort in this regard. **Together We Swarm**

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
Yes!!!! When we cause the other team's QB to call a time out, the crowd wins!

Get there early (the seniors will be honored 15 minutes prior to kickoff), be LOUD when Clemson has the ball (not just for 3rd downs), and cheer on our Yellow Jackets to victory. Just remember... jumping up and down, standing, yelling, etc. are all activities that will help warm you up!

Declinometer

Banned
Don't think that the pressure of having to make first downs won't weigh heavy on a freshman led offense. They know if they give it to us it's a score.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Yes!!!! When we cause the other team's QB to call a time out, the crowd wins!

Get there early (the seniors will be honored 15 minutes prior to kickoff), be LOUD when Clemson has the ball (not just for 3rd downs), and cheer on our Yellow Jackets to victory. Just remember... jumping up and down, standing, yelling, etc. are all activities that will help warm you up!
That was my problem. I couldn’t figure out why getting drunk and yelling about how much Mike London sucks didn’t warm me up. I wasn’t jumping enough.