ESPN Positive Article on GT

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
this is according to their bull**** FPI ratings. Guess who we rank behind in FPI? Both VT and Miami. That's how you know the quality of those ratings.
Exactly!!! You have to point out the bull**** as it comes out, otherwise they get to pretend that they predicted everything to a T.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
GT football has to win for several seasons to get the type respect that VT or Miami (from their great days) gets
I am mostly with you, however, the rub is that if you look at these preseason rankings, and hence manufactured storylines, the sports media follows in lemming lockstep year after year, then you will surely admit that many teams do not have to earn respect and attention from the media. I can't take the time to put together a list but there have been plenty of stretches where ND clearly had no business getting the respect they were, UNC most every season including being ranked preseason this year, any of up to a half dozens SEC teams every year get far more respect and attention from the get-go based on zero reasonable evidence (or not any less reasonable than for other teams such as Tech).

MSM is the lowest of lowest common denominator and propaganda driven occupations. And sports journalism is the lowest part of the mainstream media.

slugboy

Staff member
this is according to their bull**** FPI ratings. Guess who we rank behind in FPI? Both VT and Miami. That's how you know the quality of those ratings.
Or, we're low in the FPI ratings because we didn't play well in the first three games, and we haven't had enough good games against other teams to bring our score up.
For me, the team that played VT and UM doesn't look much like the team that played GA Southern. Partially, that's because Roof moved the corners (and maybe the linebackers, in coverage) back and is avoiding the big play. Partially, it's because other players are getting some time, and the kid look fresher. I guess, partially, it's because the kids are playing smarter and more disciplined.
If we're really the team of the last two games more than the first three, that score will move up after a few more games. If not, we'll have a head-scratching loss. Rotating in more players makes me feel the Jackets are more of the team we've seen in the last two games.

Last edited:

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
The reaction to the article is so butthurt. She gave the team credit and acknowledged her own shortsightedness.

I hope this isnt the first time you've heard negative things about GA Tech. Her being from ESPN or female has absolutely nothing to do with it. We have grown men in our own city that cant say anything positive about Tech. The perception of the program is what it is. We are the forth or in some cases lower most followed team in our own backyard. Keep winning. Beat Jawja. Win the ACC. Consistently. Things will change.