ESPN Positive Article on GT

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow
LOL, still full of backhanded compliments. They hate being so wrong. Can you imagine if we upset the apple cart and beat FSU #nojinx

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
My skepticism grew as I watched various breakdowns in the early going, including a near-loss to Georgia Southern.
You had us to finish 10th in the conference before that game and your skepticism grew after to 13th??? WTF?

There is a reason Georgia Tech is the lowest ranked undefeated Power 5 team, and it does not have much to do with getting no respect to start the season.
That is exactly the reason why! WTF?

Its special teams perfectly executed a fake punt late in the second quarter that did not lead to any points, but helped Georgia Tech eat up most of the clock before halftime.
The fake punt likely took points OFF of Miami's board. They did just get 14 points off 4 drives. That is 3.5 ppd at that time.

And that was really the only way Georgia Tech would be able to beat Miami.
Thanks for your sarcastic vote of confidence...

Georgia Tech had to earn that respect with a complete game. It did that this past weekend. Though in retrospect, Georgia Tech is generally in the Coastal mix, so counting the Jackets out seems a foolhardy plan.
WTF? Why would you have us to finish 13th in the conference if that was a foolhardy plan?

Gojackets55

Banned
You had us to finish 10th in the conference before that game and your skepticism grew after to 13th??? WTF?

That is exactly the reason why! WTF?

The fake punt likely took points OFF of Miami's board. They did just get 14 points off 4 drives. That is 3.5 ppd at that time.

Thanks for your sarcastic vote of confidence...

WTF? Why would you have us to finish 13th in the conference if that was a foolhardy plan?
How do some of these people get jobs? I really can't understand it

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
Sometimes I think, gee it's a bad economy and the unemployment is bad. Then I see people like this, gainfully employed. Suddenly the unemployment seems way too low.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
They give us zero margin for error, and use every little slip up as an excuse to crap all over us. Why are we held to a higher standard of "proving ourselves"? What the hell have Ohio State, Nebraska, or ECU (just to pick a few with common opponents) done that we haven't? Oh yeah, they lost.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Yea if I cared 1 lick about writing I could make a good living as an ESPN sportswriter. Dont have to know anything about football, and dont have to make sense in what you write. What a joke this channel and website have become. Im assuming the SEC teams that lost this week wont drop out of the top 25 because the SEC is just loaded with good teams. How about waking up and realizing that there arent any dominant teams this year. Yes, some very good ones are out there... but on any given Saturday...

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
Remulakian.jpg
This is Prymaat, aka Dinich.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
The ACC blog may be giving us some respect, but the network definitely isn't. Here is what they were showing on TV, i hope the players see this as bulletin board that people still aren't believing and know how important it is to keep the foot on the pedal!

Attachments

• IMG_6726.png
    IMG_6726.png
    823.9 KB · Views: 188

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
The ACC blog may be giving us some respect, but the network definitely isn't. Here is what they were showing on TV, i hope the players see this as bulletin board that people still aren't believing and know how important it is to keep the foot on the pedal!
Their choice of words is very carefully orchestrated. They use "highest" with Marshall, not best; and then they use "worst" with Tech, not lowest. The word choice is an intent to associate an easy schedule with Marshall and badness with Tech.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Wow...the reaction to an article is so Tech fans being Tech fans. This is why GT can't have nice things...

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Atomic has us at a .4% chance of winning all regular season games. If this includes winning all 15, .01% is not a bad guess.

I don't understand the angst about the AA article. She said we were for real but unexpected. Based on the 2010 to 2013 seasons, us beating VT and Miami with a new starting QB and most of our D to the NFL (slight exaggeration) was not expected. I could care less what ESPN says, win and we get better press. Lose and we get lampooned. The press we are getting now is a lot more and a lot better than the beginning of the season.

The players should realize that they still don't have respect and won't for a while. I (we) respect them because we know what they are going through to some extent; but GT football has to win for several seasons to get the type respect that VT or Miami (from their great days) gets.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
Personally I liked these lines from the article
No. 1 in the nation in third-down conversions (58.1 percent); No. 4 in the nation in turnovers lost (four); and No. 14 in the nation in time of possession (average 33 minutes)

Bigb

Jolly Good Fellow

this is according to their bull**** FPI ratings. Guess who we rank behind in FPI? Both VT and Miami. That's how you know the quality of those ratings.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Just don't give them the traffic. The writing is superficial predicting before the fact and rationalizing after the fact. There is a reason we have women college football bloggers, and its because most of it is guess work. The blog is basically a gossip rag for the ACC.
With the sort of access ESPN has, they should have multiple long form articles per week with interviews of head and assistant coaches from multiple ACC programs. There are far too many fluff pieces from the "world wide leader." But that isn't what ESPN wants the blogs to be. Welcome to the Gawker media model:
Replace great writing and work into click bait that fans and rivals share their outrage over.
I have no doubt that someone like Boomer or Stylee or Longestdays could be more in depth and impartial than those idiots.

AtWork

Jolly Good Fellow

Put that in every locker!