ESPN Calls Jackets "ACC Favorite to make Playoff" in 2015

dubjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Great article. It's amazing when you finish Strong in a season how that sets your next season up. I'm pretty sure nobody is picking us 5th this year in the coastal!

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Wow. How times have changed.

We have the tough schedule to prove we deserve to be in the playoffs ...... or not. It'll be a lot of fun just watching the team develop.

Thanks for the link.
That is the good side of having a tough schedule. Win your games and you get a chance to playoff. If you are destined to play for a championship then no schedule is going to get in your way.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We need to keep in mind that it's still Winter. Once Summer rolls around Larry Fedora can go around shirtless and we'll hear a different tune about the Coastal.

Talked with an NC State fan yesterday who is really excited that they are building a great program with their fabulous recruiting class.

Sound familiar? It should as it's winter time. Everyone is undefeated. And Scout has the NC State recruiting year more highly ranked than our own! http://georgiatech.scout.com/a.z?s=140&p=9&c=14&yr=2015

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
Can you imagine the butt hurt the dwags would have if we not only won another mnc but we did it with cpj?

I thinks the mutts are already aware that is a very real possibility. That's one of the reasons they are so sullen right now. They perennially sh!t the bed against USCe, Florida, and/or another team. You can bet CoFH at BDS will be another huge game. The great thing is that should GT make it through that schedule with only 1 loss, no one can say that GT didn't play anybody. I really like how the ACC set up the schedule for late season drama. There is 6 to 8 weeks between a potential F$U or CU rematch with GT in the ACCGC, F$U and CU playing in November, and GT having November games against VPI and thUgs to decide the coastal.

The ACC actually thought about the schedule this year. Maybe they even considered not ambushing any of the marquee teams (F$U, CU, GT, VPI, & thUgs) with a tough Thursday game on 5 days rest or 3 games in 11 days like we've seen in the past. The buildup to Oct/Nov in the conference could be unlike anything we've seen before, Good job ACC.

hwdgeplague

Jolly Good Fellow
very well stated DC... I almost hate thinking about next year's schedule yet because I'm still basking in the glory of this year

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Talked with an NC State fan yesterday who is really excited that they are building a great program with their fabulous recruiting class.

Sound familiar? It should as it's winter time. Everyone is undefeated. And Scout has the NC State recruiting year more highly ranked than our own! http://georgiatech.scout.com/a.z?s=140&p=9&c=14&yr=2015
Among Johnson's pithy observations as I recall was something like: It doesn't matter how much you know. It's how much the players know. Secretariat wouldn't have won a race with some of the ACC coaches riding. And seriously that may be the next step for ACC football: get some coaches who can ready a team to perform on Saturday.

Among Johnson's pithy observations as I recall was something like: It doesn't matter how much you know. It's how much the players know. Secretariat wouldn't have won a race with some of the ACC coaches riding. And seriously that may be the next step for ACC football: get some coaches who can ready a team to perform on Saturday.
As long as Johnson has the Jackets performing on Saturdays, I don't give a damn about the other ACC coaches. Wins are wins, no matter who the other teams (and their coaches) are.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
As long as Johnson has the Jackets performing on Saturdays, I don't give a damn about the other ACC coaches. Wins are wins, no matter who the other teams (and their coaches) are.
I get your point, but better coaching throughout our suddenly super-sized conference would help elevate it past No. 5 in perception, and also help keep up with its burgeoning basketball reputation.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
One thing that will be interesting is who the AJC plays it when mid summer arrives and interest in college football starts to rise. Typically they have articles about the Bulldogs chances at being a national factor. Somewhere in the blather they will mention than Ga Tech also plans to field a team in the coming year, and maybe if they catch some breaks they can win 7. We'll see if this past season gets us a different story from the local press.