Errin Joe update

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Good news! Hopefully we will soon hear the intentions of the other graduates that have football eligibility remaining.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Joe, Devine, plus Burden and some of the kids like Brown and the others ... man, that's a wall of mean headed to some front 7 to clear the way next way.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Errin - most guys his size refuse to layout for blocks - but not E (eliminator) - heads right at the defender and goes in high but sells out for the block. E has been a key to our running to the right late in games.

Each game - he is looking more like the guy to his left!

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
I think I saw that Kallon graduates in December. How many guys graduate between now and fall campaign? Do they have to get into a grad program to be eligible? Tech has not been too friendly in allowing our athletes into grad programs in the past.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Good for him.

I remember when some guys on here were saying stuff along the lines of he wasn't committed to the game and soft. Hopefully this is a reminder that we shouldn't be mind readers and give our players a few years here before we judge them outright.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Good for him.

I remember when some guys on here were saying stuff along the lines of he wasn't committed to the game and soft. Hopefully this is a reminder that we shouldn't be mind readers and give our players a few years here before we judge them outright.
Just because he did good this year doesn't mean that ^ wasn't true last year. Guys respond differently to different leadership, too. EJ was good buds with Vad, fwiw. Maybe EJ didn't flourish till Vad departed? Maybe EJ decided to take Mason as a role model? A whole slew of scenarios are possible. The outcome, no matter how derived, was positive and for that, I am most pleased! :)

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
The Squinter is right; it takes awhile to become a good OL, especially if you had to sit out extended periods with nagging injuries. What I like is that, when he got healthy, Joe put the peddle to the metal. Here's thanking him for staying with it!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I think EJ has outplayed Griffin over the course of the last few games. In my eyes he is now the number one at RT.
I like the change of pace when shamire and Ej come in towards end of second quarter - raw power.
When we strong line right 53 shift) - we causesd lots of trouble for Uga.

EJ blog frocks with attitude! Backs can read his axx and break off where it is because he will be driving his defender out of the way.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
EJ and BC were both huge pleasant surprises this year. Our tackle situation was not only a question mark heading into the year, it was a scary one.