Film Room End of GT v Miami Game: Students Join the Team for some Excessive Celebration

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Fall break starts this weekend - hopefully kids stick around for the early game Saturday before heading out.

Also, why the hell are we srushing the field after beating an unranked, 3-2 Miami team who we were favored to beat? I'm all for excitement, but rushing the field is overdone these days. It loses its meaning when you waste them for afterthought teams like Miami.

murrayjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Fall break starts this weekend - hopefully kids stick around for the early game Saturday before heading out.

Also, why the hell are we srushing the field after beating an unranked, 3-2 Miami team who we were favored to beat? I'm all for excitement, but rushing the field is overdone these days. It loses its meaning when you waste them for afterthought teams like Miami.
I think we're more excited about being 5-0 than beating Miami specifically. That said, they have been kind of a monkey on our back the past five years.

Chattjacket

Georgia Tech Fan

I saw a video on Twitter of the students in the south endzone going onto the field, and several of our players were telling them to do it. It looked to me like they were telling those students to come down to the other end to celebrate. I'm guessing the students in the north endzone probably saw them on the field and thought: "why not". If it was a true "rush the field" moment, it would've happened immediately after the final whistle...which it didn't.

We are practicing for the eventual ACCCG win.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
At first I was disappointed we rushed the field... Kind of an "act like you've been there" moment, but that faded fast once I realized it was more of a "we're all in this together" celebration.

The thing is, the students that "rushed" the field have probably never been there before...beating VT and Miani BOTH in the same season. In fact, none had probably been there when beating just one of the two. Same grows for the players.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We have lost to VT 4 years in a row and lost to Miami 5 years in a row including that 2012 awful awful loss. This is not celebrating a single victory or even a 5 and 0 start... this was so much more. I am at a loss for words if you cannot see why the team was so happy and wanted the students to join in the calibration.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
This was a big deal. I was certainly feeling the excitement at home with 3 of my buddies and our wives.

Beating UM in this game was kind of like beating Maryland in '06 (the Michael Johnson double sack game). It didn't win us the division, but it was the biggest hurdle left to get us there. This was the end of phase 1 on the road to where we all want to be. Phase 2 will be not having a let down over the next 5 games. Everyone has to see that this gives us a very real chance of getting to 9-0 and maybe into the top 10 going into the last big phase of the season at the end with Clemson, Ugag, and ACCCG.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
We have lost to VT 4 years in a row and lost to Miami 5 years in a row including that 2012 awful awful loss. This is not celebrating a single victory or even a 5 and 0 start... this was so much more. I am at a loss for words if you cannot see why the team was so happy and wanted the students to join in the calibration.
No helluva engineer wants to miss out on a calibration!