Eight recruits from one HS?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
At the risk of opening a can of worms, it's unlikey that we would accept commitments from all of them at this time. An offer gets you in the door and on their radar and lets them know you are interested. This is a great way to build relationships with HS programs that typically produce a lot of talent.
I do not know how one ethically asks someone to make a huge personal commitment, and when it is made, says never mind. I will accept that you didn't think that through, because if that is where Tech now is, then the only difference in GT and a factory is their football is better.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I do not know how one ethically asks someone to make a huge personal commitment, and when it is made, says never mind. I will accept that you didn't think that through, because if that is where Tech now is, then the only difference in GT and a factory is their football is better.

You do know that we, and everyone else, offers like 200 or 300 guys per year. Lol, what if they all said they wanted to commit at once? Think things through and understand how the process works before you criticize. We are "offering" guys for 2023 already. And no, this is not a change from how things have been done before.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
8 is chump change compared to the offers we made to Grayson last season.

38F59BEB-433F-4D38-AEBC-71DD9FB99BCB.jpeg

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

But, despite a lot of people’s feelings, we are going to be great in everything we undertake.

Some folks sensibilities will get bruised while GT will grow in all areas.

And I think the other poster was commenting in general that all recruits still must go through the approval process.

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm telling y'all we need to recruit out of IMG Academy in FL powerhouse HS team! And let it keep rolling people these guys are ready to play after there senior seasons, it needs to start now T.K. is not enough from IMG Academy

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
So what you are saying is you don’t understand how this works?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
So what you are saying is you don’t understand how this works?
Are you saying making an offer you have no intention of adhering to is the way this works? Because if that is the way it is now going to work at Georgia Tech -- and I have been a fan since long before it was coached by the Man Who Has No Name -- then there no longer is a point.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Are you saying making an offer you have no intention of adhering to is the way this works? Because if that is the way it is now going to work at Georgia Tech -- and I have been a fan since long before it was coached by the Man Who Has No Name -- then there no longer is a point.

When did any athletic official at GT say they would not honor offers.

The old way around here of ceasing to recruit when some player (brendan the scuz douglas) commits and we sit back in the recliner and think all is well is over.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

Nothing has changed in this regard. You probably never paid attention to recruiting before. Don't make something out of nothing.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
When did any athletic official at GT say they would not honor offers.

The old way around here of ceasing to recruit when some player (brendan the scuz douglas) commits and we sit back in the recliner and think all is well is over.
That was not all what was said. Of course you continue to recruit. These are 18-year-olds, for pete's sake. My point was in response to board chatter that the offers did not have to be honored in a pinch, or something of that nature. My point was they do have to be honored if one looks in the mirror of a morning. And frankly, to pin your case on one instance (and I am not even sure of that one, but let it go) is just not a very good basis. But yes, I recall Johnson demanding a commitment or he would look to No. 2 and whoever got on board first was the winner. But I kinda doubt any coach is going to recruit say, a 4-star, get his commitment and then say, by the way, we don't believe you and we are still recruiting. How long do you think choice No 1 is on board?