Eight recruits from one HS?

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
We are trying really hard to break into Texas the way we have built a talent pipeline in Florida. Are all 8 guys we would actually take? I dunno, man. Some of those Texas high schools are stout. It is a given that not all of them will end up here. These are early offers for class of 2021. We end up signing less than 10 percent of the guys we offer, so we will do well to get one of them.

Last edited:

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
We are trying really hard to break into Texas the way we have built a talent pipeline in Florida. Are all 8 guys we would actually take? I dunno, man. Some of those Texas high schools are stout. It is a given that not all of them will end up here. These are early offers for class of 2021.

It would be interesting if they all committed to Tech early.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
It would be interesting if they all committed to Tech early.

At the risk of opening a can of worms, it's unlikey that we would accept commitments from all of them at this time. An offer gets you in the door and on their radar and lets them know you are interested. This is a great way to build relationships with HS programs that typically produce a lot of talent.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
There is no way this can be made to make sense nor pass the smell test. The odds of eight recruits, same school, P5 caliber, matching GT needs for the recruiting year? That is absurd. And if Collins' idea is to get some ink, he had better hope all eight don't accept. This is branding?

https://watchstadium.com/videos/geo...om-the-same-high-school-high-school-football/
First of all they are all in the same class. Secondly they won’t all accept even if we could take them. It’s about making a splash and hopefully gaining some traction in TX. I see nothing absurd about it. Also have no idea what smell test you use but I want our coaches to be aggressive in going after kids who they feel can contribute no matter where they are.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
At the risk of opening a can of worms, it's unlikey that we would accept commitments from all of them at this time. An offer gets you in the door and on their radar and lets them know you are interested. This is a great way to build relationships with HS programs that typically produce a lot of talent.

So....they weren’t all actually offered? That lying CGC!!!! :ROFLMAO:

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
So....they weren’t all actually offered? That lying CGC!!!! :ROFLMAO:

I know you're just playing around, but, of course, coaches aren't allowed to speak about who they have and haven't offered. Offers are self reported by the recruits. Official, written offers for the class of 21 will go out next August. Getting into TX would be big for us. Very deep talent there, year after year. All in all, nothing unusual here as far as recruiting goes.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Jeez people

I trust this coaching staff.

In roads to Texas is a good thing.

That OT is a monster.

They are not all in the same class.

Their Gold shirts with White numbers rock.

Deleted member 2897

There is no way this can be made to make sense nor pass the smell test. The odds of eight recruits, same school, P5 caliber, matching GT needs for the recruiting year? That is absurd. And if Collins' idea is to get some ink, he had better hope all eight don't accept. This is branding?

https://watchstadium.com/videos/geo...om-the-same-high-school-high-school-football/

I would be careful you don't make assumptions like that without first doing the research. Kirby Smart once texted the coach at a high school that the entire team's starting lineup (on both sides of the ball) had an offer.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I know you're just playing around, but, of course, coaches aren't allowed to speak about who they have and haven't offered. Offers are self reported by the recruits. Official, written offers for the class of 21 will go out next August. Getting into TX would be big for us. Very deep talent there, year after year. All in all, nothing unusual here as far as recruiting goes.

I don’t have any problem with offering all 8. And I doubt the kids or their coach is lying about getting offered.

Offers get thrown out to show legit interest and get the recruits attention. But you best be prepared to honor the offer if they commit.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I don’t have any problem with offering all 8. And I doubt the kids or their coach is lying about getting offered.

Offers get thrown out to show legit interest and get the recruits attention. But you best be prepared to honor the offer if they commit.

No, I don't suspect they are, either. The first part of your second paragraph is correct, as well.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
No offer is upheld without qualifying anyway, and kids know lots of offers are going out that can't all be upheld, so at least they may be withdrawn at some point if a player is no longer needed. I only care that we don't lie to kids and we don't dump someone who we've accepted a commitment to unless they knew at time of commitment we might do so.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
This school is near downtown dallas - 10 minute drive from Love field.
Remember Friday night lights - Odessa verses Power house Dallas Carter . DC is near SOC. In 88 after DC won 5A championship- 5 players arrested for armed robbery.

Now the better recruiting opportunities for ga tech is at giant 6a football further out in suburbs ( good mix of athletes and oil$$ for coaches, teachers and facilities 1000 gt grads near dallas). All the recruits are used to big city life - and the green gt campus in the 404 is a big plus.

Lots of Passing QB s in Texas hs.

Generally qb s are sharp, take plenty of ap classes and should have no issues at gt. Trevor Lawrence makes Dabo looks like a genius. We just need one qb to make cgc seem intelligent

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
First of all they are all in the same class. Secondly they won’t all accept even if we could take them. It’s about making a splash and hopefully gaining some traction in TX. I see nothing absurd about it. Also have no idea what smell test you use but I want our coaches to be aggressive in going after kids who they feel can contribute no matter where they are.

If I understand your response correctly, I read the article to say they were in the 20 class and some are in the 21 class.

Regardless, I brilliant move by GT.

Sure beats battling Samford for recruits.