East Tennessee State

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Very flat on defense & offense. Reverting to last year's bad habits. Not getting in to post. Trying to be slick instead of easy bucket.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
GT basketball is back. A senior can't hit a free throw and why in the f**cdoes Jorgensen run around screens?!? He did it 3 times. Put Heyward out there for defense. We deserved to lose...

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Very bad loss. Really did not agree with fouling up 3.

I liked the foul. Gotta rely on us being able to make FTs.

That said, we deserved this loss. Should have never come to a 1-possession game. Gotta stop shying away from the post late in games.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Horrible coaching to do that. We could not have lost in regulation. Just let them take the damn shot. Stupid

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
No sense of urgency starting with the coaching staff. Kinda **** execution on offense & defense.

Steve Forbes might go on my potential head coach list if we can get past the past link to Pearl.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
giphy.gif

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
i could see the mind set when we missed that free throw allowing a 3 to win it.

imo at this point jorgensen is a liability on the floor.
I 100% agree with you on Jorgensen. He can not shoot or play D. I get he had a knee injury but he is better if spelling Heath who really isn't much better. We are pretty much playing 4 on 5 at both ends right now. This was a bad loss to a bad team which was on the verge of swinging at each other towards the end of the game.

techgrad

Jolly Good Fellow
If you foul, you have to make 2 free throws just to get back to the same situation you had before (up 3). We are not a good free throw shooting team. ETSU messed up by fouling MGH instead of someone with a lower percentage. He missed one anyway. But overall, fouling for us is a poor strategy.
I liked the foul. Gotta rely on us being able to make FTs.

That said, we deserved this loss. Should have never come to a 1-possession game. Gotta stop shying away from the post late in games.

JKMSJ

Jolly Good Fellow
Horrible coaching to do that. We could not have lost in regulation. Just let them take the damn shot. Stupid
I agree completely in that situation you just let the game play out and at worse you are going to overtime. I think we could randomly select any high school basketball coach in the state of Georgia and they would be an upgrade over Gregory.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Didn't look good. I thought MGH's jam would have fired us up enough to seal it, but then came the foul. Also, heard em mention it several times in game that ETSU has TEN transfers, including 2 from Indiana, and one each from Cincy, Mizzou, and Wichita St.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I'd like to know what was discussed during the TO. Could we really have planned to let their best player jack up a 3 with a 2 pt lead hoping it didn't go in?

Ugh, I hope we get our act together and this is just a 1 game anomaly. Looked way to much like last year.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
If you foul, you have to make 2 free throws just to get back to the same situation you had before (up 3). We are not a good free throw shooting team. ETSU messed up by fouling MGH instead of someone with a lower percentage. He missed one anyway. But overall, fouling for us is a poor strategy.

I hear you, brother. Like I keep saying though, it should never have come to that.