Early UVA point spread

colton

Georgia Tech Fan
I, for the life of me, can't figure out why we don't have a Business Administration major focused on Sports Management. Also, could have one in Real Estate, too. Those should be relatively low-hanging fruit for the academic side to grow organically while providing a real need/interest for a faction of our student body.
Honestly, I’ve thought that a Sports Technology major would be neat. Maybe something like developing equipment with sensors that can show if a player was out of bounds, or if a hit was targeting, or where someone got hit for trainers to see, for example. It would definitely be an “athlete major” but I know some who would definitely be interested in that.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Honestly, I’ve thought that a Sports Technology major would be neat. Maybe something like developing equipment with sensors that can show if a player was out of bounds, or if a hit was targeting, or where someone got hit for trainers to see, for example. It would definitely be an “athlete major” but I know some who would definitely be interested in that.
I work with some of the best in that business. One of the teams within our Life Sciences group is Sports Science. We do work with the NBA and other professional organizations regarding the performance of athletic equipment, such as shoes. We just created a biomechanics lab in Atlanta and ended up hiring a recent doctoral graduate from Florida to work in the Lab because we couldn't get a good fit with any local candidates.