Early UVA point spread

colton

Georgia Tech Fan
It’s early in the week, but right now, the point spread looks like it’s UVA -1 or so. Oddly enough, ESPN has us as a higher percent chance to win the game. Maybe it would be a good thing if we’re dogs on the road, again ;).

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m seeing UVA -2.5 on fanduel and Circa opened it UVA -2.

I like being an underdog. I do not like our current spot in the LWLWLWLW???? pattern.

It’d be interesting to get a read on UVA. Huge win two weeks ago and a heartbreaking loss yesterday. Four of their six losses by a total of 10 points.

Poodletop

Georgia Tech Fan
Up until a couple of weeks ago it was easy to dismiss the 0-5 Hoos as being terrible. Closer inspection shows a 1 point loss to JMU and 3 point losses to NCSt and BC. Since then they’ve beaten Bill & Mary and UNC and had the tough loss to Miami. They appear to be improving and I hate having to play them up there.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
UVA is actually playing well right now. Almost beat Miami over the weekend, after beating UNC the week before. The week before that they lost to BC at BC, but looked much better against BC than we did.

Everyone knows our bad joojoo in Charlottesville, but having them playing well right now means we will be getting them in their best form since Tony Elliott took over.

We can beat them...but we can also beat ourselves. I really like what I saw us do offensively against UNC, I saw some adjustments to what we're doing running the ball and some passing tweaks. Hopefully the staff continues to make progress like we saw against UNC.

The defense...well, I'll just cross my fingers and wish for the best. UVA is an important game for us if we want to go bowling.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We can't ****ing win up there it's ridiculous. We must've sold our soul to the devil in '90.
Your first sentence sounds like a Carolina fan talking about BDS. Regarding your second sentence, maybe we did but us old timers will tell you it was worth it. Also, at the time even though it is not discusssed much, our first pick was we wanted to trade our souls for the ability to play the blues guitar. Or maybe the ability to play the fiddle down in Georgia. But ol'Beezelbub said he had already been there and done all that so we all settled for a MNC in FB. (We all had our fingers crossed behind our backs btw so we all anticipate getting into heaven - (assuming of course our "final exam" is graded on the same generous curve we have come to expectwhich is a sort of grace if you think about it) - which is a place of milk and honey where the Jackets beat the Dwags at BDS, our own real and actual dogs never grow old and bogeys never happen and steaks are never served anything but rare or, at the worst case, medium rare on the occasional off day.)

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Up until a couple of weeks ago it was easy to dismiss the 0-5 Hoos as being terrible. Closer inspection shows a 1 point loss to JMU and 3 point losses to NCSt and BC. Since then they’ve beaten Bill & Mary and UNC and had the tough loss to Miami. They appear to be improving and I hate having to play them up there.
UVA has a lot of built up frustration for how their season is gone. CFB is an emotional game, and going into Scott Stadium in Charlottesville to play a team that's better than its record and ready to tee off is not a good set up.

Especially when UVA is coming off an OT loss Miami and we are coming off an emotional win vs a ranked opponent. You better believe they are going to be fired up, focused, and ready to get a reward for all their hard work.

If I were a betting man that'd be my thinking.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
UVA has a lot of built up frustration for how their season is gone. CFB is an emotional game, and going into Scott Stadium in Charlottesville to play a team that's better than its record and ready to tee off is not a good set up.

Especially when UVA is coming off an OT loss Miami and we are coming off an emotional win vs a ranked opponent. You better believe they are going to be fired up, focused, and ready to get a reward for all their hard work.

If I were a betting man that'd be my thinking.
Yeah, we'd better be ready to go to war up there. Those Hoos have to still be plenty hungry.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Give it a few days and line might flip to UVA +1.5 and that'll be the easiest bet of the entire season. Us ****ting the bed in Charlottesville is guaranteed every other year.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I’m seeing UVA -2.5 on fanduel and Circa opened it UVA -2.

I like being an underdog. I do not like our current spot in the LWLWLWLW???? pattern.

It’d be interesting to get a read on UVA. Huge win two weeks ago and a heartbreaking loss yesterday. Four of their six losses by a total of 10 points.
The good thing about the LWLWetc. is that if we could keep it up all year, that means we would beat Clemson and u(sic)ga!

Also, I might get a wild hair and drive up for the game. Does anyone know what seating sections have been assigned to GT fans?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I said before BC it was hard for me to see that game as anything but a loss.

UVA, unfortunately, looks the same way.

If we win, it will be close, last second, but I’m expecting a loss.

Not trying to be a downer but UVA is a very competitive team playing their best ball right now and still hungry. They are capable of beating most of the teams in the country right now. This is the hardest game of the season for us so far.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Between the Charlottesville curse, UVA playing better as of late, and #thePattern, Tech coming off an emotional win, uva off a very close loss, there's not a lot indicating Tech should win this game. Every single team UVA has played is currently between 5-3 and 8-0, so they haven't just been getting beat by bad teams. Given their recent performances against UNC and Miami, I think this will be a pretty even matchup.

Despite all of that, idk, I kinda feel like Tech is going to win this one.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
UVa-2 is us being favored. Home team always give +3 points for home field advantage. That’s why ESPN has us with a higher chance of winning. This is essentially a pickem game.
I know there are travel issues etc. but, outside of Clemson, does anyone in the ACC really have a home field advantage bc of crowd? If FSU continues, they may get back to drawing good crowds at the Doak. But no place afaik is what we would call intimidating (maybe BDS at night might get a few votes.)