Early rankings for the ACC Coastal.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Nope. Obviously you don’t read all the threads on this football forum. I’ve already said multiple times there’s no such thing as mora victories. There’s bottom line and then there’s understanding the circumstances. Understanding the circumstances let’s you know whether to be really concerned or just disappointed.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
My belief about our ability to get D stops is related to match ups. I still believe a team with a great throwing QB and weapons OR a big bruising running game OR both will give us a lot of trouble. UNC & their QB could be a problem. We will see.

Based on these concerns & still concerned about coaching decisions, we are probably no better than 5th in coastal, but I could see us continuing to progress & getting in the top 2-3.
Yeah, Clemson is very one dimensional right now and has one of the worst passing games in the ACC. Some other teams will give us a lot more challenging matchups.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, Clemson is very one dimensional right now and has one of the worst passing games in the ACC. Some other teams will give us a lot more challenging matchups.
That is my concern, NES. I hope I am wrong, but it appeared to me that Clemson's best offense was QB runs up the middle. I actually think Sam Howell might give us fits if we can't get great pressure on him.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
That is my concern, NES. I hope I am wrong, but it appeared to me that Clemson's best offense was QB runs up the middle. I actually think Sam Howell might give us fits if we can't get great pressure on him.
No question the defense needs to keep improving or it will “look like” a regression in coming games.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Pretty hard this week. Not a great week for the Coastal. I feel kinda bad having Duke at the bottom after beating a Big 10 team. Miami really isnt playing well but I still can't quite put them down at the GT/Duke level yet.

1. UNC
2. VT
3. Pitt
4. UVA
5. Miami
6. GT
7. Duke