Early point spread against UNC

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If it were not a home game, I would give us a pretty good chance of winning.
What's truly awful is that I have had this exact thought.

We have really owned UNC, so hopefully that continues Saturday, but I think I would feel more positive if it was a road game than a home game.
At least it is homecoming so the crowd should be good.

It will be interesting to see what UNC is like Saturday. After last week they are likely to be either dejected and allow UVA to beat them twice, or really mad and looking to take it out on GT.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
The number seems low but our trends are so strong we’re on most sharp bettors’ radar and have become a system play…

Since Key took over last year simply taking tech when getting points (underdog) and fading tech when giving points (favorite) is 13-2 against the spread.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Seems about right to me. And, given the Holes variable performance, I expect a close game. Provided we run the football for once.

FrytownJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
UNC -11.5 is the lock of the week !! After the game Saturday I was thinking 17 would be closer to the opening spread.. Unfortunately for us UNC had their bad game a week early

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Oh how I wish I could trade the 2021 and 2022 wins in for the 2014 season.

I'd also gladly trade the 2000-2001 wins for the 1990 season.

Somehow we oftentimes give UNC fits - but they seem to always knock us down a rung when we have a historic season. Oh well - I guess it's lucky that this isn't shaping up to be a historic year for Tech, eh?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Talent Composite:
GT #36
UNC #17

Overall FEI:
GT #83
UNC #23

Offensive FEI:
GT #65
UNC #11

Defensive FEI:
GT #85
UNC #52

Our FEI numbers have suffered the past few weeks. That said, I still think our offense is better than #65, as we've had glimpses of an explosive offense. However, as some have pointed out, Faulkner's offense seems to have made the rounds enough that DC's are starting to figure out tendencies and personnel weaknesses. Will Faulkner adjust to DC's adjustments and get our offense on track? Our defense is a liability, and UNC's offense is pretty much elite...oh, and they probably have the best QB in the country in Drake Maye (yes, better than USC's Caleb Williams). This does not bode well for us if our offense can't score and keep UNC's offense off the field.

GT is within 2 talent tiers of UNC, but let's be honest, we just have not played as well as our talent rankings suggest. Can we beat UNC? Yes, we did last year, and this year's GT team is better than last year's. However, talk is cheap. Our players and coaches need to do their jobs better than we have been.

This can get embarrassing for GT if we don't show up. We're coming off a bad loss to BC, plus our team for some reason plays poorly at home. I don't have a good feeling about this one...but I also didn't have a good feeling about Miami. I'm not sure which GT team will show up for this one, but hopefully it's not the team that played against Bowling Green and Boston College.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The most likely outcome is probably what we have seen in most of our losses - keep in close through the third quarter and then fade badly late.
But it would not surprise me if it ends up being a close game with GT pulling it out late.
Once again, TO's are going to be very important. Have to win that battle imo to win the game.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
Waiting to hear if singleton and chase are back
Singleton should be back for sure. He was just sick during the week and missed practice. He was also still not 100% on Saturday which is why he didn't play.

I believe Chase was in the game last week but only a few with them just trying to ease him in. I am hopeful that he is back closer to full time though.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Singleton should be back for sure. He was just sick during the week and missed practice. He was also still not 100% on Saturday which is why he didn't play.

I believe Chase was in the game last week but only a few with them just trying to ease him in. I am hopeful that he is back closer to full time though.
Yeah Chase played a single snap (if I recall correctly). Had heard the same about singleton and the bug, but wanna see him dancing in the End Zone with the lead and 0:00 left on the game clock before I guarantee a win.