Early point spread against UNC

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Have browsed a few UNC boards this week they are certainly not assuming this is an easy win for their team. A number of them are flat out expecting to lose.
Apparently too many years of losing to GT and losing multiple times once their team lost a game it was expected to win.

There was some stat after UNC's game last week that they have now lost something like 6 games as a 20+ point fav in the last 4 years.

I watched most of that game last week and their game plan was perplexing. Hampton had a great first half (14 carries 76 yds), and then they completely forgot about him in the second half (5 carries, 36 yds). Instead the OC kept calling passing plays, which their receivers dropped alot of (McCollum had a rough game - dropped a bunch of passes). Maye looked off as well - sort of like King did against BC last week.

They have a ton of talented skill players, but I thought their OL was pretty pedestrian. We really need to be aggressive defensively, like we were against Wake.
They also have serious punting problems - they are on like their 3rd or 4th string punter. UVA had great field position most of the game.

slugboy

Staff member
Have browsed a few UNC boards this week they are certainly not assuming this is an easy win for their team. A number of them are flat out expecting to lose.
Apparently too many years of losing to GT and losing multiple times once their team lost a game it was expected to win.

There was some stat after UNC's game last week that they have now lost something like 6 games as a 20+ point fav in the last 4 years.

I watched most of that game last week and their game plan was perplexing. Hampton had a great first half (14 carries 76 yds), and then they completely forgot about him in the second half (5 carries, 36 yds). Instead the OC kept calling passing plays, which their receivers dropped alot of (McCollum had a rough game - dropped a bunch of passes). Maye looked off as well - sort of like King did against BC last week.

They have a ton of talented skill players, but I thought their OL was pretty pedestrian. We really need to be aggressive defensively, like we were against Wake.
They also have serious punting problems - they are on like their 3rd or 4th string punter. UVA had great field position most of the game.
My UNC friends are convinced that Gene Chizik is terrible.

I don’t think they’d swap DCs with us, though, based on what they know of our defense

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

I think UNC is entering our wheelhouse. The Jackets have lots to prove after playing so poorly at home this year. And, it's Homecoming.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
UNC averages about 36 points a game, so I don't expect us to hold them under 35.

On the other hand, we have routinely beat up UNC and taken their lunch money for 25 years.

We have also flip flopped back and forth between winning and losing every game this season. Following that pattern, this should end up a win.

Putting on the gold tinted glasses, we end up something like 41-38 Tech.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
UNC averages about 36 points a game, so I don't expect us to hold them under 35.

On the other hand, we have routinely beat up UNC and taken their lunch money for 25 years.

We have also flip flopped back and forth between winning and losing every game this season. Following that pattern, this should end up a win.

GT might win but we are not scoring 41 points!

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer

Interesting that Miami was supposed to run the score up on us and whatever defense showed up for that game hopefully will show up against UNC

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

"A number of them are expecting to lose." Well, losing to UVA will do that to you. As usual, plenty of talent on that team. As is nearly always the case, talent is never an issue with UNC with their talent ranking likely in the top 20. It is as though they are a tobacco road version of Miami when it comes to squandering talent sans the smack. That said, I fully expect them to beat us handily this year by about 2 touchdowns. IIWII

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
The line hasn’t moved all week despite lopsided betting action on UNC. That typically favors the other guy (us). Likely some respected bettors have backed us and this trend has been consistent in every game we’ve been an underdog this season.

I felt like we’d beat Wake and Miami would be close. I’m not feeling this. Hopefully I’m wrong but BDS has been a house of horrors under Collins and Key.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
The line hasn’t moved all week despite lopsided betting action on UNC. That typically favors the other guy (us). Likely some respected bettors have backed us and this trend has been consistent in every game we’ve been an underdog this season.

I felt like we’d beat Wake and Miami would be close. I’m not feeling this. Hopefully I’m wrong but BDS has been a house of horrors under Collins and Key.
It’s good to be wrong every now and then lol. The sharp bettors saw it and bet on us without emotion.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

yeti92

Helluva Engineer

Turns out my glasses should have been a little more gold tinted, but I will humbly accept my win for closest score.