1. I don't think Duke can win anything like 10 this year, but I wouldn't be surprised for them to win 7. I think they probably lost more in losing Cornette and Cockrell then we did losing Lee and Attachou. Cockrell was the heart of their D and the best DB in the ACC. Cornette made them a force in the red zone. Oh, and those four TBs they have coming back? They all sucked.
2. UNC is UNC. I thought that by now they would be able to get good production out of their players, but it seems to be defeating even Fedora. And I have no clue why this guy thinks they can so easily replace Brenner, who was their best QB in ages.
3. VT won't be anywhere near as good as they were even last season. If you think Duke has QB problems …
4. Duke Johnson broke his ankle. Rinse and repeat. These guys will not be as effective on either side of the ball as last year. Still, I'd pick them first, if I had heavy money on the table.
5. Pitt? Seriously?
6. Nope. I pick us second. This guys problem is a re-cap of lots of Tech fans: he doesn't know how to evaluate a system offense. We lost a QB and our top RB in 2013 too. No problem as far as O production goes. As for the D … well, we'll see. We could end up here, if we get a rash of injuries like we did last year on the OL on D.