I mean ... this pleases me.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Yawn of an article if you read it.

We're bringing it back!
When?
We don't know.
What about the NIL, how will that affect it?
We don't know.
What do you know?
We're brining it back!

This is true. Like they just wanted a bunch of likes. Asked when the game's comin'..... crickets.

Maybe wait til yer in development atleast next time.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Yawn of an article if you read it.

We're bringing it back!
When?
We don't know.
What about the NIL, how will that affect it?
We don't know.
What do you know?
We're brining it back!
RE: NIL
"For now, EA Sports is planning to move forward without rosters that include the names, images or likenesses of real college players. Current NCAA rules prohibit athletes from selling their NIL rights while in college."

I'm guessing they'll have auto generated rosters with stats/skills that generally match last year's stats (#1 rushing school would have #1 rushing, etc).

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I mean how long does it take to overlay CFB teams onto what ever the most recent Madden is.
The NCAA games had a different dev team than the old Madden games, so the gameplay felt different. I always preferred NCAA’s gameplay to Madden, and now that Madden has been a dumpster fire for years I hope they stay far away from its foundation.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The NCAA games had a different dev team than the old Madden games, so the gameplay felt different. I always preferred NCAA’s gameplay to Madden, and now that Madden has been a dumpster fire for years I hope they stay far away from its foundation.

Excellent point.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Exactly. No need to get all fancy with it. Just reboot the '14 game with better graphics and press 'power' on the friggin console.

Ol' over-thinkin' bah-stids!
Agreed. I would also like a more in depth recruiting aspect. I played the game for the Dynasty mode. I loved the recruiting portion. Still do till today. I rarely play the actual game, just sim.

Give me camp to spends money on to attend. Add in the financials from attending bowl games, and give me resources to try and gain more donations for the program to build more/better facilities to better recruit with.

I want a full blown recruiting experience.

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
Really thought Madden was very playable around 17/18. It's always been based on canned animations, but at least you were supposed to find your progressions in the passing game. Then they brought in superstar abilities which turned it back into Tecmo Bowl.

Later NCAA games were known for a lack of defense where any offense works so...that's pretty much how the real game works today :)

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Btw they dropped the NCAA from the title. Curious if they dropped it due to thinking teams will eventually leave the NCAA and it would hurt branding to do a name change down the road.

It's now called "EA Sports College Football".

This gives them a name flexible to whatever happens in the ever changing college football world.

I wouldn't be shocked if the SEC/Big 10/ACC leave the NCAA in the next 10-15 years