Dynamic Duo true frosh impact

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I'd say offensive non QB skill positions will make the most impact, but some others will play because of need. So I'm guessing A Brown and Jamious. Think the FR TE will play but not sure he will have a big impact, but his competition transfer TE will have one of the bigger impacts IMO. Would not surprise me if Yates RS this year. I'm guessing Camp plays and they decide whether to RS him or not.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
ibee....have you ever seen a FR DL come in with the strength needed to be a difference maker at this spot? I know we have been forced to use guys there early out of necessity. I'm just wondering how many FR are really ready to help out, even after a RS year.

I think Brandon Adams had the strength. IMHO, Roof should have played him more. Derrick Morgan. Greg Gathers. Granted these were special players, but we have had some ready to play the day they walked on campus. I would add Big Tom Hammonds to that list.;)

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Brown, of course.

I'm going to surprise some and say Devin Ellison. His film is really good, he's as fast as lightening, and he can catch. I'm betting he makes splash at slot or - dare I say it? - RB. But what about Jamious, I hear you say? Well, it could be him too.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
I don’t know. I haven’t seen any of the true freshmen play in a real Division 1 collegiate football game yet.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
O: Jamious & Brown
D: Camp
(I think one if not all the freshmen linebackers will play at some point)

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Well, I’ve been a Georgia Tech fan since 1961, when a certain gentleman named Robert Lee Dodd was the head football coach. That’s 58 years!

Yes, you’re right. There is always a player that comes out seemingly from nowhere and becomes a star, almost every year.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I want to pick again since everyone is picking griffin
What!!?!! You are taking a wait and see approach??!!?? How dare you pee in our Cheerios!

Just kidding, just kidding. History tells me there will be one player that’s off most radars that will come in and impress.
U are exactly right if the category can include a touch of the unexpected impact.

Its easy to pick griffin and brown - oh i did that so i will be watching these fresh faces like u.

Not to start the old verse new but we have some good talent by the old staff and ditto for the players added by the new staff. If the transfers get clearance - fall camp going to be interesting.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Ok so there could certainly be more than two true frosh make an impact next year. Two stand out to me.

Jamious Griffin. Initially I thought he had a chance to play but might not due to depth and experience at TB. The departure of Benson opens the door even more for him. His film is very exciting and the current players at his spot don’t have a ton of experience over him. And experience at TB is not as significant as at QB or at OL. Even if he doesn’t win the starting job I join those who think he will at minimum burn his shirt and play quite a bit. First two games in should tell the tale. We are in a great spot at TB.

Chico Bennett. Loved his film and it appears he has bulked up with real good weight. Loved his quickness and wheels and he’s got the length of frame out coaches covet. A very big plus.......Dude has great hands. He could give tight ends pure hell in covering them.

These are my 2 picks to contribute early. Griffin is probably a favorite of many to do so. What 2 incoming frosh do you think will contribute the most?
You like Chico at OLB or DE?

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I've stuck with the notion that Jamious comes in and burns his redshirt. I've even been quoted as saying he might even start Day 1. After the spring game, I think Jordan Mason is our RB1 until further notice. But I still think Griffin gets more time than just mop up duty. Hes just too strong and athletic to waste away on the bench.

Ahmarean Brown- Dude is a STUD. Nuff said. I think Jalen Camp gets drafted next year, but Brown might be our next Bebe.
as a gamebreaker and big play guy, quite possibly. But Bebe and Brown are two very different receivers. Bebe can outmuscle defenders. Brown just isn't going to be able to do that. You can throw it to Bebe and he can stiff arm a guy and go bye bye. Brown will have to shake and bake his way to leave someone in his vapor trail.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
as a gamebreaker and big play guy, quite possibly. But Bebe and Brown are two very different receivers. Bebe can outmuscle defenders. Brown just isn't going to be able to do that. You can throw it to Bebe and he can stiff arm a guy and go bye bye. Brown will have to shake and bake his way to leave someone in his vapor trail.
Kelly Campbell

neb llarmus

Jolly Good Fellow
Ok so there could certainly be more than two true frosh make an impact next year. Two stand out to me.

Jamious Griffin. Initially I thought he had a chance to play but might not due to depth and experience at TB. The departure of Benson opens the door even more for him. His film is very exciting and the current players at his spot don’t have a ton of experience over him. And experience at TB is not as significant as at QB or at OL. Even if he doesn’t win the starting job I join those who think he will at minimum burn his shirt and play quite a bit. First two games in should tell the tale. We are in a great spot at TB.

Chico Bennett. Loved his film and it appears he has bulked up with real good weight. Loved his quickness and wheels and he’s got the length of frame out coaches covet. A very big plus.......Dude has great hands. He could give tight ends pure hell in covering them.

These are my 2 picks to contribute early. Griffin is probably a favorite of many to do so. What 2 incoming frosh do you think will contribute the most?
My Grandson played against Chico this past fall. Said he is an absolute stud.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I'd like to mention a duo, but since we only have one offensive lineman coming in I'm hoping the Vanderbilt transfer Jared Southers makes an impact in his first season.

We have got to get help on the offensive line. Without a solid OL, all these wonderful QB's and running backs and receivers are going to be dressed up with nowhere to go.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
If Brown had not done so well in the Spring I would say Nazir Burnett.Tough to get time as newbie. But Burnett is the most sophisticated route runner I have seen on tape here in yrs--but is slight and is a true Fr.
Of course, Griffin.What a stud.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Not as up to speed as the rest of you but Brown at WR was definitely impressive in Spring game as was a young European DE who may need redshirting. He made a play down the line that is what we are looking for. Who was that?