Dwags on Tuesday

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
"thud".... is the sound my expectations made last night as they fell and hit the floor.

i will be glad when we have a player who can take q's place in the starting lineup is all i can say about him.

had we made HALF of our uncontested lay ups we would have had a shot at winning in my opinion.

love the effort i saw. we just need some shooters.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Missed game but stats say A LOT. Shooting--horrific, 8 assts to 16 TOs, gave up 12 Off rebs,we had 5.
The type of Off game I expected this yr..I thought there would be games in 40s. Still hoping to win 1 conf game.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We do not have a good team or good talent. We have at least another 6-8 games like this (or worse) coming this season.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Yeah. We all (reasonable ones anyways) expected this. The talent currently is comparible to A10 OVC WCC programs. But with our schedule we just don't have the horses and maybe most importantly we don't have any consistency.

If on any given day I asked you one thing we can bank on. Could any of us give an answer with any conviction?Outside of 8+ rebounds from Ben I can't think of anything. Love Okogies game but if he averages double digits during ACC play id be surprised. Jax is about as reliable as a junkie who owes you money.

I do like the 4 year players we brought in. Okogie and Moore should be dependable next year. CMatt the year after. I'm not completely convinced JMo won't start during alvarados frosh campaign any longer.

Novajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Shooting has been the main problem for us for a long time going back to Hewitt. We have not recruited any real good shooters in a long time. A Smith and T Golden were the only consistent shooters we have had since A Morrow or L Clinch and they were both transfers. I thought Stephens and Jackson have improved from last year, but not enough to make a difference against talented teams so far we have seen this now with Tennessee and now Georgia. It is going to be long ACC slate.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Shooting has been the main problem for us for a long time going back to Hewitt. We have not recruited any real good shooters in a long time. A Smith and T Golden were the only consistent shooters we have had since A Morrow or L Clinch and they were both transfers. I thought Stephens and Jackson have improved from last year, but not enough to make a difference against talented teams so far we have seen this now with Tennessee and now Georgia. It is going to be long ACC slate.
And Morrow's talent was wasted and undeveloped. He had to graduate and get into the D-League to come into his own.