Dwags make their annual rankings jump

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Fun fact: Every Power-5 football program surrounding georgia has won a National Championship in the past 30 years -- Clemson, Alabama, Georgia Tech, Auburn, Florida State, Tennessee, Miami -- EXCEPT ugag.

Don't you know preseason national championships count in Athens?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
All anyone has to remember about pre-season ratings is this:

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ama-clemson-oklahoma-top-first-2016-rankings/

Or, to put it short, these people tend to select the usual suspects and are usually wrong about at least half of them. Looking at these early takes, it's easy to see the two teams that everyone is backing out on: Tech and Iowa. I think there's a good chance that both will play for their conference championships next year.

What is interesting is they base how UGA will do on the fact that several players are returning for their Senior year. Well, Sonny and Chubb have not exactly brought them to the promised land in three years. Nor all those 5 star defensive players. And I am not impressed with their 5 star QB. Turns out 5 stars in Washington State is more like 2 or 3 down South.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
What is interesting is they base how UGA will do on the fact that several players are returning for their Senior year. Well, Sonny and Chubb have not exactly brought them to the promised land in three years. Nor all those 5 star defensive players. And I am not impressed with their 5 star QB. Turns out 5 stars in Washington State is more like 2 or 3 down South.
I think Eason will wind up being very average sort of like former UGAG quarterback David Greene.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I think Eason will wind up being very average sort of like former UGAG quarterback David Greene.

You mean the guy who finished his career with more wins as a starting QB than any QB ever in NCAA history? Not sure that's a good thing...

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
You mean the guy who finished his career with more wins as a starting QB than any QB ever in NCAA history? Not sure that's a good thing...
However this UGAG team isn't well coached so they could hover around 7-5 the next 2-3 years. A quarterback can put up good numbers and still be part of a mediocre team if the coaching sucks.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

What's even more interesting is that the primary reason for their struggles has allegedly been these seniors who're not good enough? They've been saying all year that not-soSmart needed to get his freshmen in who're better than the 4-5 year guys yet they'll be top-10 due to the seniors coming back? I'm so confused.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Eh, SCaro doesn't count. That program has been around for like a hundred years and has never accomplished anything. Literally.

Beat Clemson 5 in a row from '09-'13. Forced Clemson to up its payroll--and I don't mean the coaches. You could say the Gamecocks get an assist for the Clemson NC.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
The dwags do have a good chance at the spring game attendance national championship.

The really big news in 2017 is that they for the first time in forever don't play an FCS team the week before they play us.

They'll lose @ Notre Dame, home against Florida, @ Tennessee, @ Auburn, and @ Georgia Tech. At least. Another 7-5 season with a trip to a toilet bowl.
Oh, that would be soooooooo sweet!