Duke vs GT uniform thread

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I'm a friend to the gold 'n white mafia here so don't attack me here.

I wonder why yall never acknowledge that gold jerseys just don't work due to the fabric limitations?

It never looks "gold", always mustardy. And it never matches the pants or helmets.

And……. ?
Leggings GIF by V3 Apparel

Argue Wife Swap GIF by Paramount Network

But some of us really like mustard…

Dijon GIF by Rey Bautista

But, yeah, first choice is GWG.

buzzn3

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm a friend to the gold 'n white mafia here so don't attack me here.

I wonder why yall never acknowledge that gold jerseys just don't work due to the fabric limitations?

It never looks "gold", always mustardy. And it never matches the pants or helmets.
I understand the fabric materials change, but Russell, I thought, did a good job with some of their later, and rarely used Gold tops (2016 Taxslayer Bowl vs. Kentucky). A heck of a lot better than adidas' attempts which seem like they just pulled a default mustard "gold" and didn't bother to even try and get them to match anything else. 🤷‍♀️ Realize that also starts going into the sand vs. gold argument as well, but I generally get the impression adidas isn't even trying, or I find it hard to believe (or sad) this is actually the best they could do.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I understand the fabric materials change, but Russell, I thought, did a good job with some of their later, and rarely used Gold tops (2016 Taxslayer Bowl vs. Kentucky). A heck of a lot better than adidas' attempts which seem like they just pulled a default mustard "gold" and didn't bother to even try and get them to match anything else. 🤷‍♀️ Realize that also starts going into the sand vs. gold argument as well, but I generally get the impression adidas isn't even trying, or I find it hard to believe (or sad) this is actually the best they could do.
I still thought our TFG spring game unis were the best.

1727973222035.png

That's Georgia Tech right there. That's if we were classic CFB royalty with the likes of Alabama, Penn State, especially if you remove the pants side pattern. Straight, simple, clean, to the point, gold. It's an iconic look that evokes nostalgia. I would just remove the complicated triple helmet stripe and replace with a single block stripe or no stripe at all.

Secret_AznMan

Georgia Tech Fan

View attachment 16913

That's Georgia Tech right there. That's if we were classic CFB royalty with the likes of Alabama, Penn State, especially if you remove the pants side pattern. Straight, simple, clean, to the point, gold. It's an iconic look that evokes nostalgia. I would just remove the complicated triple helmet stripe and replace with a single block stripe or no stripe at all.
Couldn't read the name plates, needed some contrast with the name and numbers. Probably needed blue letters on the name plate and a blue trim around the numbers.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer

View attachment 16913

God no, the french fry fit looks horrible. It doesn't evoke nostalgia, slightly dehydrated piss yellow aka sand is not a historic color for Tech.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
God no, the french fry fit looks horrible. It doesn't evoke nostalgia, slightly dehydrated piss yellow aka sand is not a historic color for Tech.

I wouldn't go with the all gold french fry look, but the color there looks significantly better than any of our game-worn "gold" tops.

Point goes to @AUFC

buzzn3

Georgia Tech Fan

View attachment 16913

Ooh, 👀 I missed those, but that gold looks a heck of a lot better (from that one single photo) than our current gold color attempts. Although I still wouldn't do gold on gold.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

View attachment 16913

That is easily the worst shade of “gold” that we have ever worn, washed out tan sand color

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
That is easily the worst shade of “gold” that we have ever worn, washed out tan sand color
Yeah, I frankly don't understand the complaining about the shade of gold used in our uniforms. It just flat-out looks better; like I said earlier, it pops. Freaking out just because it doesn't match the exact Pantone in our logo seems rather silly to me.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
As much as we hated Russell, they turned out some darn good uniforms for the White and Gold.
“We” didn’t hate Russell. They were great at making basic football unis.
It was when style became an issue that they fell out of favor. Then the style police wanted a more acceptable logo, etc. Frat boys gone wild.

Adidas is OK, too, but has also made some losers. SMH!