Duke vs GT uniform thread

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
What y’all think we wear Saturday? I wouldn’t mind WGW like what we did vs Duke in 2022 and UNC last year. The team usually has the helmets they will wear in the game in practice, and they wore white helmets with WHITE FACEMASKS in practice this week. If they wear that, it would be the first time ever Tech has worn white face masks in a game.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
What y’all think we wear Saturday? I wouldn’t mind WGW like what we did vs Duke in 2022 and UNC last year. The team usually has the helmets they will wear in the game in practice, and they wore white helmets with WHITE FACEMASKS in practice this week. If they wear that, it would be the first time ever Tech has worn white face masks in a game.
I hope we wear a W.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
No way! Where can I see this? I’ve been beggin for years.

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
GWG. Is there any other answer for Georgia Tech? Used to be the best looking uniforms in college football.
I'd be elated with GWG, but I'd like to see WGW given it has a little bit of history itself. It also looked SO GOOD vs Duke in '22 and vs UNC last season.
1727889537789.png
1727889515548.png

Attachments

• 1727889447595.png
    1727889447595.png
    455.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 1727889470408.png
    1727889470408.png
    491.4 KB · Views: 34

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
The WGW combo is hands-down my favorite iteration of the current uniforms. I think it looks fantastic, it pops, and I think it encapsulates our brand the best. That may be an unpopular opinion, but that's just my two cents. It would always be my pick to wear against the dawgs.
Same. WGW and WWG are my fav. We haven’t wore either this year.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
The WGW combo is hands-down my favorite iteration of the current uniforms. I think it looks fantastic, it pops, and I think it encapsulates our brand the best. That may be an unpopular opinion, but that's just my two cents. It would always be my pick to wear against the dawgs.
If it’s unpopular, too bad. That look is now classic! It was worn extensively under Carson, GOL, and Gailey. Just gotta get the colors to match that 1970 version.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
For me, gold jerseys are just not attractive. The color just cannot be presented well on the material used for jerseys to satisfy my eyes. I have no problem with its use on occasional away games and once a season at home. But we need to stick to GWG as our brand uni at home and WWG, WWW, or GWG as our travel unis.

57jacket

Helluva Engineer
For me, gold jerseys are just not attractive. The color just cannot be presented well on the material used for jerseys to satisfy my eyes. I have no problem with its use on occasional away games and once a season at home. But we need to stick to GWG as our brand uni at home and WWG, WWW, or GWG as our travel unis.
Agree. Apparently it is difficult to get a real gold colored jersey. They end up looking like mustard. Yellowiish

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I agree. I like WWW and WWG - they are a classic look but the WGW is very unique - I think we are the only team in FBS with that color. Recruits always pick the gold jerseys for their photo shoots in the Upper North. I'm expecting to see WGW Saturday as we usually have been wearing it twice per year and haven't seen it yet, plus it's a night game, plus ACC Huddle is on campus, etc...just kinda one of those special games where we typically see the gold jerseys. They could also be saving it for Miami though (or NC State on national television, or even Notre Dame also on national TV and in the Benz) so who knows?

By the way, re: ACC Huddle - they seem to really like hosting at Tech. I'm sure they've nailed down the logistics work at this point, it's close to Charlotte, major airport hub, etc...I think we are probably their favorite spot.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'm a friend to the gold 'n white mafia here so don't attack me here.

I wonder why yall never acknowledge that gold jerseys just don't work due to the fabric limitations?

It never looks "gold", always mustardy. And it never matches the pants or helmets.

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
I'm a friend to the gold 'n white mafia here so don't attack me here.

I wonder why yall never acknowledge that gold jerseys just don't work due to the fabric limitations?

It never looks "gold", always mustardy. And it never matches the pants or helmets.
thus is why I said WGW not GGW.

and imma be honest GGW would be fine too. every team now has mismatching gold issues because of fabric. See ND below:
1727968719470.png