Duke vs Army tonight

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
So, if you were a Duke fan, you would be satisfied with Cut's results?

Your question is illogical because any Duke fan is a basketball fan. We would have to first introduce that fan to Duke football and then ask the question.

Otherwise, it's a speculative question since I am not a Duke fan. I'll decline to speculate.

But since you are presumptively a Tech fan: Are you satisfied with a coach who has lost to Duke 3 of the last 4 years? If so, why?

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
He’s a whiny nerdy looking dude who paces with his hands behind his back like some sort of mad scientist. He gripes about our blocking. He’s just an a-hole dude. Who wouldn’t be upset about losing to a coach like that? Are you happy that he’s beaten us 3 out of 4 instead of being upset? If so, politely excuse yourself off the board homie.

Did you score over 1000 on the SAT.....or have you taken it yet?

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Did you score over 1000 on the SAT.....or have you taken it yet?
Nahhhh I never took it. I never liked school and realized at an early age that there other ways to measure intelligence other than some made up test to marginalize people. But if you wanna judge me from that aspect, go ahead.

You caught me in a good mood tonight. This is fun.

Hey, everyone. Jacketup is smarter than me because he took the SAT. Pat him on the back for being superior!

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Duke has a couple of good linebackers. 22 is a good player. The QB is competent. DL and DBs aren't anything special.
Army is having some success with the QB outside, and he is nowhere near the player TM is. Same for AB and BBacks. Duke brings the safeties in tight. No respect for the QB and I can't say I blame them. We have to hit some passes to loosen them up.
It should be a good game.

Milwaukee

Banned
Duke has a couple of good linebackers. 22 is a good player. The QB is competent. DL and DBs aren't anything special.
Army is having some success with the QB outside, and he is nowhere near the player TM is. Same for AB and BBacks. Duke brings the safeties in tight. No respect for the QB and I can't say I blame them. We have to hit some passes to loosen them up.
It should be a good game.

They have one of the better corners in the ACC. We should beat them in the trenches as long as their stunts and blitzes don't eat us up.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
They have one of the better corners in the ACC. We should beat them in the trenches as long as their stunts and blitzes don't eat us up.

Same old, same old of walking the lbs and safety into the gaps, out OL should have that adjustment down and hammer them on the first level. Not much behind them when they do that

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
They have one of the better corners in the ACC.
Just going off impressions, didn't know that.
I think we can move the ball on them, but the real question is the defense, which is an unknown quantity at this point. I know we won't sit back and let them zone read their way down the field again, at least.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Army has looked sloppy until half way into the 3rd.

Number 92 for duke looks like he’s playing dirty, already saw the referee talking to him.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Army has looked sloppy until half way into the 3rd.

Number 92 for duke looks like he’s playing dirty, already saw the referee talking to him.
He’s just playing like a normal random Puke *****. They’re just like the mutts except they’re smart enough to have stayed out of jail (ie pay the butler to buy their dope), their daddies had enough money to bail them out and they could afford to hire an expensive lawyer to get the charges dropped.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Your question is illogical because any Duke fan is a basketball fan. We would have to first introduce that fan to Duke football and then ask the question.

Otherwise, it's a speculative question since I am not a Duke fan. I'll decline to speculate.

But since you are presumptively a Tech fan: Are you satisfied with a coach who has lost to Duke 3 of the last 4 years? If so, why?

Only an idiot would assess a coach only on the basis of the W-L of one series.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Only an idiot would assess a coach only on the basis of the W-L of one series.
Seriously. By his logic, we're a way better program than FSU (CPJ 3-2) and we just flat out dominate VT since we've won 3 of the last 4.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Devil's advocate: this same statement would make every Tech fan an idiot then, in regards to Chan and UGA.

Probably not. I think if Chan had won the ACC several times and got us into the Orange Bowl a couple of times, then he wouldn't have been fired.

If you're going to consistently have a simply better than average, no championship record, you better at least be beating georgie.

buzzinanut69

Jolly Good Fellow
Nobody at Duke understands football. Everyone is just practicing their stupid little chants and and gestures for basketball season.

In fact "pregame" during football season involves everyone getting blackout drunk before the game starts (noon) and then passing out back at the dorm. No one goes to the games.