Duke - No Foolin' 4/1 - 4/3

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Didn't follow up later, but MG was undergoing concussion protocol about an hour after the dust up... he may be out through the weekend.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Sorry, I didn't get a chance to hear what was said. When we were in a delay I went back to play it and got the same thing. :(

Will try to see if I can find the pre-game stream

NP. I was watching TV with my wife and heard Hall say something about Sunday. Oh well, on the road for this weekend. I hope I get to listen to the games today since GT hasn't lost when I listen ....... not superstitious but no reason to mess with the baseball gods.

Thanks for the link!!!

Not good with Hughes not even in the discussion. Dulaney being the starter makes sense if we don't use him.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Wow, glad we got that one. I couldn't listen since WREK was only playing music when I was driving?

No foolin, I connected a few minutes ago and we were down 0-5. Now 5-5, thanks for the error Flukies.

What's up with Ryan???? These guys have the worst O in the ACC.

6-5 after a Kel walk and English hit. I love Kel's discipline as much as his Power. (Balls, Kel out at home. Too aggressive or really good Fluke play?)

Duke ace getting abused and up to 45 pitches after 2

Last edited:

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Tech breaking it open in the bottom of the 4th. Lead 10-6! Of the 10 runs, only 3 ERs. Dookies have 3 errors, thanks dook!

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Dulaney loads the bases in the T5, but gets an infield-fly and a DP to leave a 0 on the board. To the B5 we go..

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Duke scores 4 (3-run HR) and ties it up. Score tied at 10-10. Tech up in the B6.

HR Brandt Stallings! Tech leads 12-10!

Last edited:

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Big play CJ's RBI single ties it up at 13 in the B9! Go Jackets! Kel Johnson at the plate...strikes out. Tristan English for the last chance for a walk-off... flies out.

Free baseball on the flats. Go Jackets!

Last edited:

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Tech loses 14-13 after 10. This is one that we will want back and regret later. Should not have let 14 runs in.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well that was a statistically improbable outcome. Have up so many runs and lost despite 7 unearned runs. We hit and didn't commit errors. But this was 2015 pitching. It's baseball.

I missed the game after Mel's HR to go up 7-6.

We "need" the win today. Figure Gibson to start. Then who?? Hopefully Duke depleted too.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
That was just baseball, but a game we could not afford to lose if we want to host a regional. Today does not look good with no pitching left. I hope this will inspire Gibson, or whoever pitches, to prove me wrong. I'm really concerned about Ryan as a starter. He seems to pitch well one game, and then have nothing for the next start. It's happened twice now.
I read on another site that they don't believe Hughes will be back this year. I hope that is wrong, because I have already heard that King will not be back. Anyone have a better source than me about our pitching. My sources are all second hand.
Without starting pitching , we will waste a good team. Even the relievers were sub par yesterday, including Parr.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That was just baseball, but a game we could not afford to lose if we want to host a regional. Today does not look good with no pitching left. I hope this will inspire Gibson, or whoever pitches, to prove me wrong. I'm really concerned about Ryan as a starter. He seems to pitch well one game, and then have nothing for the next start. It's happened twice now.
I read on another site that they don't believe Hughes will be back this year. I hope that is wrong, because I have already heard that King will not be back. Anyone have a better source than me about our pitching. My sources are all second hand.
Without starting pitching , we will waste a good team. Even the relievers were sub par yesterday, including Parr.

Agree. It is what it is. Or "Que sera, sera". I'll listen on the way home so will win.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer

The reports you cite about our pitching are quite disturbing, and yes, that would be it for this year if true. English, Hughes and King not pitching this year will make us another also ran. We could aspire (at best ) to make it into somebody else's regional, and then get bounced pretty quick.

You simply don't give up 14 runs and lose a home game to Duke if you're a good team.

I feel very much like I did after the series in Tally....extremely disappointed. I need to just stop getting my hopes up.