Duke - No Foolin' 4/1 - 4/3

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
That was just baseball, but a game we could not afford to lose if we want to host a regional. Today does not look good with no pitching left. I hope this will inspire Gibson, or whoever pitches, to prove me wrong. I'm really concerned about Ryan as a starter. He seems to pitch well one game, and then have nothing for the next start. It's happened twice now.
I read on another site that they don't believe Hughes will be back this year. I hope that is wrong, because I have already heard that King will not be back. Anyone have a better source than me about our pitching. My sources are all second hand.
Without starting pitching , we will waste a good team. Even the relievers were sub par yesterday, including Parr.

I have no information, but it was always weird to me that Highes didn't sign with the Orioles. Wonder if they saw something in a physical or something else that scared them away? We definitely need a few pitchers to step it up. Hopefully Coach Howell is with these young guys looking at film trying to help them learn.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
I feel very much like I did after the series in Tally....extremely disappointed. I need to just stop getting my hopes up.

Or you could learn to take things in stride. Just a thought. :)

I mean we win a few games and it's we've got something special. Then we lose a few and the whole season is essentially over. Again. Like I said a few weeks ago you guys are a bipolar bunch.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Ugh!!!! Getting hammered...

8 to 1. B6
And so it goes. We may win the CWS the next five years in a row, but you can't tell me the state of Georgia does not have better baseball players than the state of NC, split at least four ways. And don't tell me UGAG gets them all. Broken record. Rant over.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I thought that with Gold, King, Hughes, Gibson, and English we would have the best starting rota. Gibson just can't find the strike zone.tion that we have had in a loong time. Maybe ever. Now we have Gold. King Hughes, and English are out with injuries. Gibson is unable to throw strikes.
I forgot about Pitts, but he is very inconsistant.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
First game I have listened to this year that we lose. Sucks.

We are at 500 in ACC play. I think we need to make the ACC tourney to go to the NCAAs.

IF we get Hughes back we have a good shot at both. If we don't we are probably not going to make it. Get Hughes back AND have Gibson and Dulaney develop and we have a good shot. And could go deep in the NCAAs.

I don't think we ever see King pitch again. If he is out this year, should he come back for a fifth year?

After last year's football season, basketball season and now this, it's hard to be optimistic. But our team battled all the way to the end; Kel had an 11 pitch at bat in the ninth. They won't give up but we need pitchers who throw strikes.