Duke @ GT Tues Mar 2nd @ 8PM ACCN

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
Wow I gotta admit I thought we’d given that game away , maybe y’all can answer this : how does a kid coached by Coach K not know the rule that a free throw has to touch the rim ? Or did they want to take their chances on us in bounding the ball ?
That's a lot harder to do than you think. I tried it in one rec league game and banked it in. Not like you practice that

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Despite what may have been the single worst end-of-game possession I have ever seen in my life, this team finally grinded out a well-deserved win. After soul-crushing losses @Clemson and UVA, this one feels sooooo good. Needed this.

Hopefully Alvarado heals up, but we need to treat Wake as a must-win game. At this point, going for 'Last 4 byes' is crucial for us. Leave no doubt. We don't want to be in a situation playing too many games week 1 of NCAAT.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Despite what may have been the single worst end-of-game possession I have ever seen in my life, this team finally grinded out a well-deserved win. After soul-crushing losses @Clemson and UVA, this one feels sooooo good. Needed this.

Hopefully Alvarado heals up, but we need to treat Wake as a must-win game. At this point, going for 'Last 4 byes' is crucial for us. Leave no doubt. We don't want to be in a situation playing too many games week 1 of NCAAT.
You must have missed the Hewitt years.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
My biggest fear is we are going to make the tourney, win a game and give Pastner a multi year extension. And the bottom completely falls out next year and we can't move on because of finances.

There isn't any reason to be believe we will completely bottom out next year. We'll likely take a step back with the lost production and experience, but we'll still have a good mix of talent and experience and be set up well for the future.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
Devoe, Alvarado and Parham were a collective 1 for 13 from three - I would think no way we win any game if our three key guards shoot like that from deep. Sturdivant hit two major unexpected 3s to keep us close in first half, and then we didn’t really see him again. He deserves some real credit. I think he’s earned more time.

Deleted member 2897

I just realized that Duke has lost two really heartbreaking overtime games in a row. That’s the type of thing that can really cause dissension and damage to the team, program, and their relationships. Kind of gives me a warm feeling inside just wondering about it.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Nice win- I still say we got beat the 1st half but being only down 3 was fortunate and a good omen. In the 2nd half, Bubba and Devoe turned up their defense, Bubba can be liability at times against teams like Syracuse because of height but last night his quickness ad toughness against Duke's quick guards was an asset and why we didn't see Sturdivant in 2nd half. Tech has been subject to some unforunate breaks i.e. the bank shot by Clemson but tonight got a break or two with the biggest being Hurt fouling out on a pretty ticky tacky call and the second being Duke missing the last shot in regulation. We deserved it. Credit to the players - I really think Coach K coached a good game with designed in bounds plays to get them some easy baskets and a good lob over the top game plan but our guys just wouldn't give in despite some head scratching plays. Moses was a beast and Devoe despite not shooting real well generally did a good job drawing defenders. Alvarado despite being off did hit his free throws late.
And Usher despite his inbounding made some big drives - Onto #6 seed guys