Duke @ GT Tues Mar 2nd @ 8PM ACCN

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
WOW. What a great game. I think Moses Wright is putting together one of the all-time great GT performances over the last few games. Defenses are keying on him and he is abusing them. ABSOLUTELY DOMINATING in the paint. (sorry, I needed to scream that). Usher made some nice moves and the 2 3-pointers from him and Sturdivant were all huge. Also, big shout out to Khalid Moore, who always plays 100 defense and is now finding his offensive game as well. Devoe forced a lot, but I think thats because he knew Jose was gimpy. He got to the line, though, and made his free throws. Kudos to the coaches as well, who saw us give up two lobs both times we went to the zone and scraped it.

I can't believe we try to lose that game twice and still won it. Nobody could hit that dagger shot in the last few minutes. Moses (and the rest) really willed us to that win. What a fun season. I love the energy that Pastner and the team gives. It's contagious.

slugboy

Staff member
(Oft derided) Ken Suguira pens a good story of the game in the AJC.

Ken’s not good on strategic matchups or which defenses we ran, but there are good quotes and a feel for the game.

"I thought our guys stepped up to the plate," Pastner said. "This was a gritty, gutty, tough, hard-nosed game from tip to the last shot when the buzzer sounded in overtime. We had to just gut it out."

Further, with the game tied at 64, he nearly cost the Jackets by chucking up a long-range 3 at the end of regulation that airballed and gave Duke the ball with 6.1 seconds left and a chance at leaving Tech with another gut-punch defeat.

"I can say now – what type of senior does that, right?" Alvarado said, ever accountable. "I'm going to have to learn from that and never do that again."

"We came in at halftime, coach (Anthony) Wilkins said it best," Wright said. "He was basically like, We all want this win, but it's just everybody's like really anxious is not coming and the energy's not matching each other."

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Awesome game. The guards did not shoot well, but Moses carried us and everyone grinded it out. The end of regulation reminded me of the last few minutes of the Clemson game, but thank goodness Duke missed that shot at the buzzer. And the last minute of overtime nearly gave me a heart attack. It is amazing to see Moses beating those 7 footers in the paint. We should be in the NCAA now but let’s go beat Wake and seal it. Partner deserves this success after such a trying first four years.

If only we could have played UGA this year!

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Duke won points in the paint, fast break points, points off turnovers, second chance points - all of the things we normally do well - and the things we normally do to make our offense efficient. They tied us in steals - another thing we normally win and another part that leads to efficient offense. We did out rebound them by 3 after getting our arse handed to us on the boards last time.

While the refs made some wacky, weird, do what? calls, we won the game at the foul line with a 7 point advantage from the line against freakin Duke. Let that marinate for a minute. And their lead dog sat the last 10 min or so having fouled out. Again let that marinate. Hard to believe that was the case with Duke and Teddy V in the house.

We didn't play our best game by any stretch but we were aggressive and with that got the calls. Moses also found ways to make it happen - including 8 offensive rebounds some of which I still don't know how he got to. But a lot we have to clean up as well. Well deserved and now don't muck it up in WS ;)

Deleted member 2897

Wendell Moore Jr. 5* Soph
DJ Steward 5* Fr
Jaemyn Brakefield 4* Fr
Mark Williams 5* Fr
Jeremy Roach 5* Fr
Matthew Hurt 5* Soph
Henry Coleman III 4* Fr
Joey Baker 4* Jr
Jordan Goldwire 3* Senior!!!

These are the guys we beat last night.

And 5* Jalen Johnson quit and left the team so he wouldn't have to play us again.

Joey Baker was the #33 player nationally.
Jaemyn Brakefield was the #42 player nationally.
Henry Coleman III was the #52 player nationally.

Even their 4-stars are almost 5-stars.

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
And 5* Jalen Johnson quit and left the team so he wouldn't have to play us again.

Joey Baker was the #33 player nationally.
Jaemyn Brakefield was the #42 player nationally.
Henry Coleman III was the #52 player nationally.

Even their 4-stars are almost 5-stars.
Time to pull out the wallets to support men and women’s BB if everyone wants sustainable consistency at Thai
level of performance. Not the mega bucks but more and higher giving by the gt fan base.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Wendell Moore Jr. 5* Soph
DJ Steward 5* Fr
Jaemyn Brakefield 4* Fr
Mark Williams 5* Fr
Jeremy Roach 5* Fr
Matthew Hurt 5* Soph
Henry Coleman III 4* Fr
Joey Baker 4* Jr
Jordan Goldwire 3* Senior!!!

These are the guys we beat last night.
I can't believe how much Mark Williams has improved throughout the season. He is a nice player on both ends of the court.

Deleted member 2897

I know a lot of you get on to CJP and want him gone, but you can never question his love for these young men. Likewise, his energy is unmatched and contagious. I love it! He has built a solid program here, and I am along for the ride.

Yea honestly I don't get it. Nobody is beyond criticism, but he took over a program that was predicted to go winless his first season. In the ACC we've gone 8-10, 6-12, 6-12, 11-9, and we're currently 10-6. (We could easily be 13-6 had NC State and BC/BC not canceled.) First time in the history of our program we've had back-to-back 10-win ACC seasons (we do play more games now).

Bobby Cremins had 2 10-win seasons out of 19 seasons.
Paul Hewitt never did it once.
Brian Gregory never did it once.

Our talent also continues to increase, with three 4-star recruits coming in next year.

Basketball with its 1-and-done possibilities represents a unique recruiting challenge. These guys have literally millions of dollars on the line to pick the right school where they might only be 1 or a few years. Totally understandable that it took a few years of proof with player development and results on the court before recruiting improved.

HenryUsher

Georgia Tech Fan
Great win for the good guys last night?
93E1715B-3333-4061-91F7-AEDDA87AFD06.jpeg