Duke Game

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
What's it like at a Duke football game?
Where should I get tx?
If the crowd is small can you sit anywhere?
I went to the Duke game in 2015. I bought tickets through Georgia Tech then, but there were plenty of people selling them as I walked toward the stadium. It was raining miserably that day during the game. When we walked in, an usher told us we could sit where ever we wanted in the visitor sections. There was a lot of construction going on around the press box and such at the time. Surely it is finished now.

They do have a visiting locker room now that is much closer to the stadium.

I like the way the stadium is set up. You walk in at the top level and walk down to your seats. There isn't an upper deck, so you can watch the game from a concession stand line. I even went to the bathroom during live play (not a timeout) without missing a play because there was no line and you can see the game from the bathroom door.

The only thing I didn't like is how far away I parked and walked.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I went to the Duke game in 2015. I bought tickets through Georgia Tech then, but there were plenty of people selling them as I walked toward the stadium. It was raining miserably that day during the game. When we walked in, an usher told us we could sit where ever we wanted in the visitor sections. There was a lot of construction going on around the press box and such at the time. Surely it is finished now.

They do have a visiting locker room now that is much closer to the stadium.

I like the way the stadium is set up. You walk in at the top level and walk down to your seats. There isn't an upper deck, so you can watch the game from a concession stand line. I even went to the bathroom during live play (not a timeout) without missing a play because there was no line and you can see the game from the bathroom door.

The only thing I didn't like is how far away I parked and walked.
That's Paradise to what Stoll Field at Kentucky was in the 1920s-early 1970s. There weren't restrooms in the stadium but there was a creek running under the stadium and a tunnel to get there and people would use the bathroom in the creek :eek::vomit:

Last edited:

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Duke has done some renovations. The good stuff on their side. They now also have an indoor practice facility behind the open end zone where the visitors were located in the past. They removed the track that was around the field. They struggle to get good attendance.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Parking-- we've never been. Any recommendations on close parking? Is it better to prepay and reserve a spot?

I'll be glad for anything specific you can tell us! Thanks in advance.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I always park at the huge parking lot at the corner of Anderson and Yearby. The shuttle picks up there and drops you in front of Duke Chapel, so only have walk about three blocks to the stadium. It is easy in/out from either NC 147 (Durham Freeway) or Hwy 15/501 or I-85. There is a closer lot on Anderson at Campus, but it fills quickly. DOT message boards along the Durham Freeway, Hwy 15/501, and I-85 are helpful if you are going straight to the game.

Durham has some nice places to eat not far from the campus. My favorite game day place is Pizza Toro on E Chapel Hill Rd. About 10 minutes to the 1st parking area.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
There used to be a large lot behind the Engineering building. No nearby parking that I know of except for the big donors. There are several restaurants near the Durham Bulls baseball stadium on Blackwell. Also Tyler taproom is in that area. Some off-beat restaurants are off Geer street on the back side of the old Bull' s park (yes the same one in the movie Bull Durham). Full Steam brewery is one of them.

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: