Duke Game

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
What's it like at a Duke football game?
Where should I get tx?
If the crowd is small can you sit anywhere?

I have only been once. It's sort of like a sitting on a lonely park bench feeding the pigeons. A peculiar atmosphere for a college football game to be sure. But don't underestimate this team. They are well coached and capable of beating us if we fool around. They have done it before and will probably do it again.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I actually like going to Wallace Wade. The "facts" others have shared cannot be disputed. The stadium is not energized. I believe it is a combination of the layout AND (of course) the fact Duke fans just do not fill it up. As a visitor, though, I am fine with relatively quiet... short lines at the concessions and heads. They have done some renovations... but I doubt that will prevent you from being able to sit just about anywhere you want. My experience is the Ga Tech crowd tends to be concentrated in Sections 1-6.

Seats for under $10 are plentiful on www.seatgeek.com

stech81

Helluva Engineer
The thing that makes it hard to play at Duke is it like playing in practice scrimmage, game half empty stadium . And if it's still like it was the last time I was there at halftime the players go sit in a field . Just does not fill like a real game.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
The thing that makes it hard to play at Duke is it like playing in practice scrimmage, game half empty stadium . And if it's still like it was the last time I was there at halftime the players go sit in a field . Just does not fill like a real game.

Wait, they don't have locker-rooms to go to at halftime?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If I remember right, the visitor looker room was described by CPJ at one time as very far away...

For offseason.
I wouild li me to know how in the world Duke compete with gt and others.
Is Duke a school with non serious academic classes for dummy athletes? No locker rooms? No fans in stands? Coaches well paid? Facilities and fans say we should beat these guys like a drum.
Ditto WE?
Now to Duke GAME.
We may need to do bend break with their Tall qb. Give him the 4 yd dumps and make tackle till they make a mistake. Don't want long passes for scores.

I think we will run well and if so the offense will carry the day

stech81

Helluva Engineer
For offseason.
Is Duke a school with non serious academic classes for dummy athletes? No locker rooms? No fans in stands? Coaches well paid? Facilities and fans say we should beat these guys like a drum.
Ditto WE?
Now to Duke GAME.
We may need to do bend break with their Tall qb. Give him the 4 yd dumps and make tackle till they make a mistake. Don't want long passes for scores.

I would disagree this would be how to lose or keep them in the game and keep the score low. I hope we don't do this but I feel like we will start the game doing it.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
For offseason.
Ditto WE?
Now to Duke GAME.

Duke is competitive but is not contestant. Duke has the following going for them...
  • Duke is a prestigious school
  • Duke has multiple degrees to draw students
  • Duke has classes/degrees to help athletes progress (not as easy as UNC's classes of course)
  • Cutcliff is a good coach

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Duke is competitive but is not contestant. Duke has the following going for them...
  • Duke is a prestigious school
  • Duke has multiple degrees to draw students
  • Duke has classes/degrees to help athletes progress (not as easy as UNC's classes of course)
  • Cutcliff is a good coach
Duke attracts a lot of ambitious students who have likely been taking advanced classes in middle and high school. They are used to having to read a lot and the professors keep the material moving along at a pretty good clip. Duke is like Tech in that it would prefer to wash out underachievers in their freshman year if they are not willing or able to keep up. I am not sure what the % is now, but when my kid applied there Duke accepted only about 15% of applicants and enrolled about 10%. I think it would be difficult to skate along with any major at that school. Remember, Wendell Carter came from Pace Academy before joining the Duke basketball team.