Drake Maye

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
He’ll probably lock up his Heisman invite, I’ll tell you that much. Thank goodness we only have to see him once in his career.

UNC’s riches at QB going back 15* years is honestly pretty incredible considering they’re merely an above average program.
Similar to Miami, talent is never an issue with UNC. Chronic underachievement is the issue.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Maye has had arguably the best year of any QB in the country as a R-FR.
253-361 (70%), 3,412 yds passing with 34 TD's and 3 INT's.
583 yds rushing on 113 attempts (739 gain - 155 loss) 5 TD's with a long run of 42 yds.

We need UNC to be very TO prone on Saturday and they haven't been this season with just 3 INT's and 6 fumbles.
If our D is unable to do a better job at creating havoc and getting to the QB than it has the last few games Maye is going to just pick us apart.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Whatever the over is on UNC touchdowns scored, take it. This will get ugly fast. The only thing that may slow them down is that Mack Brown may feel mercy for IHCBK and call of the dogs at half time. My prediction is 49-0

Just saw that the over under is 63. No way it gets that high unless UNC scores 63 by themselves.

JacketFan137

Banned
Whatever the over is on UNC touchdowns scored, take it. This will get ugly fast. The only thing that may slow them down is that Mack Brown may feel mercy for IHCBK and call of the dogs at half time. My prediction is 49-0

Just saw that the over under is 63. No way it gets that high unless UNC scores 63 by themselves.
unc defense is so bad that there’s a chance we find the end zone a time or two off the back of a big run from someone.

at the rate unc scores 52-13 is really not that out of reach for the score line

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
It’s the “very resistible force vs the very moveable object” thought experiment
I'm looking forward to it. This is a team the Jackets can move the ball against. The offense can move the sticks and control the time of possession. But the team has been through some turmoil and will respond to it either by mailing it in or by coming out breathing fire. The former results in a blowout, of course. The latter and we could see Tech's second 20+ point underdog upset this year which I imagine would be an extreme rarity in college football and very probably a first in Georgia Tech history.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I do not see how our offense without Sims or Pyron can score 13 points even against UNC's defense.
Against a much better Miami defense with Gibson in there, the Jackets moved the ball from their 30 to the Miami 12 before the 99-yard interception return.
Then on the following possession, went 71 yards in 13 plays for a TD. Had it not been for one bad mistake, the Jackets would have scored on two consecutive drives. We can score on UNC.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We have spent so much time on pass protection can we even drive block anymore? We probably run the worst RPO in the country unless the Option part doesn't exist and just a straight predefined handoff or fake to then pass it. Guess we will see how it's done when we start playing Wake.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
unc does allow the most points in the acc. it’s really not a stretch for us to score 20 points with our RBs just randomly making a play
Ok we get 20 points, we still lose by 21. We have no hope to keep UNC below high 30s even if we get every break possible. Their offense is really good. Maye is special and Downs is by far the best receiver we have faced this year.

JacketFan137

Banned
Ok we get 20 points, we still lose by 21. We have no hope to keep UNC below high 30s even if we get every break possible. Their offense is really good. Maye is special and Downs is by far the best receiver we have faced this year.
yeah i don’t have any expectations to win but i do think us scoring points isn’t as far fetched as some comments make it seem. i could see it being 40s-20s as that lines up with what they’ve done statistically this season