DR. CPJ, or how i learned to embrace the CPJ hate

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Most of this rant is outrageous, except the parts about the need to find a defensive scheme that can slow people down while having limited players. Problem for us is that what little talent we do have goes to the offensive side of the ball. CPJ is offensive (no pun intended) minded; he takes first pick of the roster and leaves the rest of the squad for the DC to do as best he can with what's leftover. We have 4 or 5 guys on D who are truly D1 players. Count your blessings the rest of the year when we hold a team to under 50. BTW we still haven't beaten a good team since the Duke game last year.
As wesay in rural Georgie.......you may be on to something................not a good year.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Mack, I agree. I was at the game, and that was my first thought when I saw him running down the sideline. The issue was not our strategy of wanting to score, the issue was our inability to stop them. Although I like Ted Roof, I'm not a fan of the bend-don't break. Not being a Tech grad (just a dumb old walk up fan), I not smart enough to explain it other than to say if you bend something enough, it's gonna break. It was frustrating to see on numerous occasions when they have 3rd (or 4th) and 3 or less our DB's were playing 5-8 yards off the receiver and NC would run a quick toss to the man in the flats who just needed to to take two steps for the first down. I'm not a fan of the bend-don't break. Not being a Tech grad (just a dumb old walk up fan), I not smart enough to explain it other than to say if you bend something enough, it's gonna break.
Well you are spot on......as a fan just like you I get tired of all the excuses.We cant defend like we should and when we dont score fifty.....we get beat. seems like all our punch is on offensvie side of the ball and our best defense is our offense yet when we score quick it becomes who has the ball last....not good.