Doomsday Scenario for the ACC

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
An SEC team is by no way a lock. They could easily beat eachother up and have several losses each. They'd be crazy to put a 3 loss (or even a 2 loss) SEC team when there are solid candidates at 1 l0ss

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
From what i've seen so far the only sec team with a realistic chance of going undefeated is Bama, and it's pretty darned unlikely imo, the best of the rest look like mimimum 2 loss teams. OK may be the best big12 team this year?

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
An SEC team is by no way a lock. They could easily beat eachother up and have several losses each. They'd be crazy to put a 3 loss (or even a 2 loss) SEC team when there are solid candidates at 1 l0ss

With the questions at QB at Bama and the way AU played it wont be them if they don't tighten up. Ole Miss looks good so far and LSU may be legit.

But they may and very likely put each other out.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
From what i've seen so far the only sec team with a realistic chance of going undefeated is Bama, and it's pretty darned unlikely imo, the best of the rest look like mimimum 2 loss teams. OK may be the best big12 team this year?

I don't think they will. or if they do they get put out 1st round. Coker can't carry them all the way.

Just my opinion, which has been wrong before

With the questions at QB at Bama and the way AU played it wont be them if they don't tighten up. Ole Miss looks good so far and LSU may be legit.

But they may and very likely put each other out.
Except in today's climate, the SEC never puts each other out per the Finebaum Doctrine. If you had two SEC division winners that were 9-3, the winner at the Georgia Dome would be in the playoffs. It's such a hard, hard league.

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This is way too early to even think about. If we have only one loss, it means we probably did something like this:

Beat Notre Dame, FSU, Clemson, and uga, with a loss to FSU or Clemson in the regular season.

I have a hard time believing that any non-SEC or non PAC-12 1 loss team would go over us then.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Further thought is that the SEC is down this year as a conference. It may not hurt them overall because pollsters and pundits tend to give them the benefit of the doubt.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
If we do go 12-0 we will be in the playoff more than likely, there won't be but maybe one other team undefeated, at least that's how it's been in the past. If the board truly goes by their system on who to pick they wouldn't be able to leave tech out, because our stregth of schedule is harder than OSU, TCU, BAYLOR, and other teams that have a chance.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Didn't see the game. that was my only question with them. How did MS ST look?

It is hard to say on offense because i think Lsu has a legit defense, on Defense Miss St was getting gashed bigtime on running plays. Imo Miss St is better than AU and Ark in the sec West, but worse then everyone else

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
We interrupt this debate thread to bring you an important message.

SpECulation is so much fun. At this point, anything is pure speculation until the games are played and the team records are there for the committee to consider.

There is no way, I repeat, no way a 13-0 GT, Clemson, or F$U team gets left out, assuming all the other conference "champions" (yes you, "Big12") are not undefeated as well. Zero chance.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled squabbling.

GT1992

Jolly Good Fellow
We interrupt this debate thread to bring you an important message.

SpECulation is so much fun. At this point, anything is pure speculation until the games are played and the team records are there for the committee to consider.

There is no way, I repeat, no way a 13-0 GT, Clemson, or F$U team gets left out, assuming all the other conference "champions" (yes you, "Big12") are not undefeated as well. Zero chance.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled squabbling.

As long as there aren't 4 other undefeated teams, we'd be in. We would be the last one loss team in though.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Bottom line is that the Big12 doesn't have a championship game. That's going to hurt worse than OOC schedule. If it comes down to a Big12 team and an equivalent team from the other four conferences, the Big12 is going come up on the short end of the stick. They want to be treated equally, get another 4 teams to join and have a conference championship again.