Don't know if this is the appropriate place, but saw this

furant

Jolly Good Fellow
Seemsthe appropriate place to me. Thanks for posting it. I'm hoping he can live up to expectations!

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It is a slow and careful process. I am glad he is feeling good. Still some hurdles left though, with cutting and contact etc. We need to make sure we are taking the conservative approach. As a player, I am sure he is chomping at the bit to get out there. The staff needs to have the reigns though, not Nathan.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
That's a better article than we get in Atlanta too. Ramblinwreck.com / Winklejohn is the only exception.....and that's from the institute, not the press.

That's a better article than we get in Atlanta too. Ramblinwreck.com / Winklejohn is the only exception.....and that's from the institute, not the press.
Ken Suguira writes very good articles IMO, but nobody else in Atlanta does, aside, as you said, from Winklejohn. Ken has done a lot of research into Tech history and writes some excellent articles.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Segura is ok....not bad....not great...ok IMO. Much of his stuff seems fairly shallow rather than in depth. But he is all we got.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Most of Ken's good stuff is hidden behind myajc.com which is AJC's subscriber's access site. He does a good deal of feature stuff on that side of the wall. If what some posters said is true regarding KS, GT is making it hard for him to do his job, so his access may be limited which in turns makes his coverage softer than it would normally. Pretty stupid move on the GT's part...like I said in another thread....who's GT really hurting?

The best GT writer since the 2000's was Coley Harvey IMO. He left to cover the Bengals for ESPN.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
Love the Clemson comments at the end. Lots of bravado. It is strange how well we usually play against Clemson. Before they lost to Bama in the championship game, we were the last team to beat them. CPJ has a winning record against Clemson and FSU. We have beaten Clemson when they were undefeated and top 10 both in ATL and at Clemson since 2000. They're going to come into this game as #1 or #2, the stadium will be wild, I will have several Clemson friends at the game, and they will choke. We beat them late on a long FG or we stop them with a late interception to hold on. It will be at least a week before I can talk or stop smiling.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Fwiw. Coley first moved on to cover FSU for the Orlando Sentinel, iirc.

Still, Coley did a better job, and Stan Awtry (sp?) too, with no better access than KS.

Stan's good people, too. Don't know Ken. Never met him. But Awtrey is a good dude.