Domination Ratio

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
Fwiw, this is what I use. It also allows limiting results, eg to pwr5 opponents

Is there a way to get game by game stats? Its what i use. Yards/Play, Points/drive, TOM, and 3%. Put in a formula to get an offensive and defensive score than normalized to SOS.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Is there a way to get game by game stats? Its what i use. Yards/Play, Points/drive, TOM, and 3%. Put in a formula to get an offensive and defensive score than normalized to SOS.

I think you have to pay to get game by game en mass. You can get game by game stats for each team though. Just check it out and poke around.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Here's the Domination (Yards/Game) Ratio and Yards/Play Ratio Rankings using only games against Pwr5 competition:

upload_2017-10-10_14-43-59.png

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
Last night I plugged in the raw numbers (unadjusted for SOS) and it has Gt as a 4 point favorite. So anywhere from GT+9 to GT-4 is my guess for Saturday

Deleted member 2897

Last night I plugged in the raw numbers (unadjusted for SOS) and it has Gt as a 4 point favorite. So anywhere from GT+9 to GT-4 is my guess for Saturday

We have beat the spread 7 straight games. If the official line is Miami and -6 points, I would like that if I were a betting man.

Deleted member 2897

Domination Ratio updated after week 8. Note we had a pretty bad week statistically (gave up nearly 2x the yards we gained on offense), so we dropped down to #17.

Note there are 5 SEC teams on this list - 4 in the top 15, and then 1 way down at the end. There are 10 ACC schools in the top 32. Interesting.

d4Ru6Ys.jpg

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Here is the Domination Ratio if we only look at games against Pwr5 opponents:

upload_2017-10-16_10-52-13.png

And here it is for teams that have played more than 2 Pwr5 opponents:

upload_2017-10-16_10-53-2.png

It looks to me like the yards/play ratio is becoming a more meaningful statistic.

Deleted member 2897

Domination Ratio updated after week 9. Holding steady at #19. Looks like the chart is doing a lot better at mimicking the polls now. Although there are still several ranked teams who statistically have played 0.500 ball this year.

suWuob9.jpg